Messed up panel.

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Messed up panel.

Postby SomeGayDude on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:00 pm

I have an older computer which has served me well. It's a hp d530 usdt. I've used lubuntu for a long time but wasn't very happy with the performance. I was messing around and was pleasantly surprised that Mint KDE runs faster without the video and audio problems. Cinnamon and MATE kept crashing on me, but since I enjoy konquest I'll stick with KDE. Anyway when I boot up the panel with the task manager is messed up. I have to delete the panel and add the default. Is there any way I can correct this? The attachment shows the panel that comes up every time I boot up. Thanks.
Attachments
snapshot1.png
SomeGayDude
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Messed up panel.

Postby DeMus on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:35 am

What you can do is remove the panel completely.
Then you add a new empty panel and start filling it with all the items you want to see in your panel.

This should do the trick.
No more Windows and Gates since Ubuntu 8.04, used 9.04, 10.04, then switched to Kubuntu because of Unity and Gnome 3.
After that it is Mint, used 9 till 17 all in KDE version and loving it.
DeMus
Level 4
Level 4

Postby SomeGayDude on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:40 am

That's what I've been doing. Remove it to where their is only a desktop. No panel. I might be having another problem. My hard drive started clicking earlier and it froze. Maybe putting a new HD in and reinstalling the OS.
SomeGayDude
Level 1
Level 1

Postby DeMus on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:10 am

A clicking hard disk is never a good sign. Make sure to copy your data files before something bad happens.
No more Windows and Gates since Ubuntu 8.04, used 9.04, 10.04, then switched to Kubuntu because of Unity and Gnome 3.
After that it is Mint, used 9 till 17 all in KDE version and loving it.
DeMus
Level 4
Level 4

Postby SomeGayDude on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:15 pm

I reinstalled the OS on a new hard drive. Now, if I move a window all the way to the top the window attempts to maximize. But, the panel and the window borders disappears. I tried to get a screen shot but not much will work. Right clicking does nothing. I can't bring windows to the front. I can access and do things with the menus, but options that bring up dialog boxes does nothing. I noticed that it started after I created the xorg.conf file. It worked with gnome, but had audio issues. I added this because I was only getting 256 colors and video files looked scrambled.

xorg.conf file:
Code: Select all
Section "Device"
   Identifier "Intel Graphics"
   Driver "intel"
   Option "AccelMethod" "uxa"
EndSection
SomeGayDude
Level 1
Level 1

Return to KDE