I started using Linux ~2006 and used KDE. I am looking forward to evaluating Mint 13 KDE in a couple of months. In the mean time I am researching email/PIM clients. A couple of years ago due to nvidia video card problems I switched to Mint gnome. I am trying to switch back to KDE and am looking for the "best" email client to use with KDE. I do like Evolution, but am not sure it is practical with KDE. Things I would like:
1) ability to move/import Evolution data to client
2) integration of calendar with calendar on panel.
2) sync with Google calendar
3) sync with my old Palm (Mint 9 does this great, but I don't think anything in KDE, even Evolution, can. So this is probably unachievable.)
4) The ability to locate my email/PIM data on a data partition and access from more that one Linux install via linked folder(s). I did this a few years back, but I don't remember what client. A down side of Evolution is that I never figured out how to do this. This is important because it makes the transition period form one working install to another easier.
I have been out of the KDE loop since KDE 4, but I have seen negative things about Kontact. Is my best option Thunderbird? When I last used it it could not function as a PIM.
I will post similar questions on forums of other distributions (I hope that is not bad form.) Thanks for your advice.