Best email/PIM client???

Forums for the KDE Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Best email/PIM client???

Postby okie2003 on Tue May 08, 2012 6:30 pm

I started using Linux ~2006 and used KDE. I am looking forward to evaluating Mint 13 KDE in a couple of months. In the mean time I am researching email/PIM clients. A couple of years ago due to nvidia video card problems I switched to Mint gnome. I am trying to switch back to KDE and am looking for the "best" email client to use with KDE. I do like Evolution, but am not sure it is practical with KDE. Things I would like:
1) ability to move/import Evolution data to client
2) integration of calendar with calendar on panel.
2) sync with Google calendar
3) sync with my old Palm (Mint 9 does this great, but I don't think anything in KDE, even Evolution, can. So this is probably unachievable.)
4) The ability to locate my email/PIM data on a data partition and access from more that one Linux install via linked folder(s). I did this a few years back, but I don't remember what client. A down side of Evolution is that I never figured out how to do this. This is important because it makes the transition period form one working install to another easier.
I have been out of the KDE loop since KDE 4, but I have seen negative things about Kontact. Is my best option Thunderbird? When I last used it it could not function as a PIM.
I will post similar questions on forums of other distributions (I hope that is not bad form.) Thanks for your advice.
"It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal
Dell Latitude E6510; i7-620M 2.67; 4GB RAM; 1920x1080, nvidia NVS3100M
okie2003
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to KDE