I just switched over (hopefully) from Mandriva to Mint, and am having a browser problem. In firefox, numerous sites will not load - seems like sites with any security or authentication (like yahoo mail, ebay). I checked the time/date, but that is fine. Maybe some default security setting or some setting I need to make.....
A short banner came up on the lower right indicating that an application (or applet) could not initiate or be found - but it was gone so fast I couldn't pick it up. No app name I was familiar with. Maybe it will come back next time I reboot and I can provide more info ..... I think the same message came up when I was running 'live', but I figured it was associate with running live (obviously wrong on that one).
Hopefully this is an obvious problem. Please let me know, as most of the internet is now closed to me due to this.
Thanks -- Roger