Kde Sudo error on system startup

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Kde Sudo error on system startup

Postby selukwe on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:13 am

I'm getting an error message box on my LinuxMint 13KDE system on startup reading "No command argument supplied! ... Kde Sudo will now exit." The box then needs to be always closed manually.

I am not aware of having set anything to cause this. How should I remove this error and prevent it from reappearing on each startup? I do not remember whether I had it since clean install of LM13KDE or whether it appeared after some uninstallation of some program that I have made. Any ideas how to fix this?
selukwe
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Kde Sudo error on system startup

Postby J_C on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 am

selukwe wrote:....I am not aware of having set anything to cause this. How should I remove this error and prevent it from reappearing on each startup? I do not remember whether I had it since clean install of LM13KDE or whether it appeared after some uninstallation of some program that I have made. Any ideas how to fix this?

I get that too with a clean 'root only' install (home partition untouched, not formatted), and this was before I had done any tweaking or further software installation.
Laptop: Acer 6930g, Intel Core2 Duo 2.0GHz, 3GB DDR2, NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS
Docked: Asus xonar u7 DAC, NAD 3020e Amp, Celestion DL4-II Speakers
Portrait thanks to slide23.blogspot.co.uk
J_C
Level 1
Level 1

Postby selukwe on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:43 am

How simple, and it works perfectly! It doesn't tell me what had been causing this, though, but I don't care about that too much, the good thing being that now it works smoothly and the error is gone. After restarting I again enabled "Restore previous session" and I'm fully back in business...

Many thanks!:-)
selukwe
Level 1
Level 1

Postby zerozero on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:56 am

[ bliss of ignorance ]
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16

Postby zerozero on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:32 pm

selukwe,
i'm deleting your other topic, please don't double-post
from the forum rules:
[7] Do Not Cross-Post

Do not create identical threads across multiple forum sections. Cross-posting creates unnecessary work for community users by separating potential answers and solutions - do not do it.

[ bliss of ignorance ]
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16

Return to KDE