Any news for LMDE KDE?

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Any news for LMDE KDE?

Postby davidvrbanec on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:56 am

If you have any news please let me know. I'am currently using LMDE MATE but i realy like kde look and features. I need rock solid rolling kde distro :).
Thanks
davidvrbanec
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Any news for LMDE KDE?

Postby xenopeek on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:59 am

Schoelje is putting much effort in the unofficial LMDE KDE. See the website for that here: http://www.schoelje.nl/. Follow this topic to keep up to date on what is happening with the unofficial LMDE KDE: viewtopic.php?f=61&p=613535#p613535.

Perhaps install it alongside your current installation and help give feedback to Schoelje to improve this edition!
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Postby davidvrbanec on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 am

It looks very nice and minty :). I will try it but i would like to have official LMDE KDE, that would be awesome. I think that LMDE KDE edition many people wants. I can install Debian KDE but that is not what i want. MINT works out of the box and with debian this is not the case.
davidvrbanec
Level 1
Level 1

Postby xenopeek on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:53 pm

The developers had shared earlier that a LMDE KDE is not in the works; they don't have the resources to also do that. Schoelje is filling this gap. Perhaps it might go forward as the community edition some day (tested by the Linux Mint testing team, hosted on the Linux Mint servers and mirrors).
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Postby BostonPeng on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Vincent Vermeulen wrote:Schoelje is putting much effort in the unofficial LMDE KDE. See the website for that here: http://www.schoelje.nl/.

How did I miss there was a site for this? Thanks for pointing it out, Vincent. Time to make a bookmark and add it to my custom browser start page.
J.M. "BostonPeng" Hardin
Now very happily running SolydK
My new Linux blog: Tux + Me
It's time for Dodgers baseball!
BostonPeng
Level 5
Level 5

Return to KDE