Everything works as expected.
I created a live DVD where I notice something peculiar: the Kickoff launcher missed the system section in the Leave menu. When I add the Lock/Logout widget there is no shut down button either.
So, in the live environment I'm unable to shut down, restart, hibernate or sleep the system through the usual graphical means and I have to shut down by typing "sudo shutdown -h -P now" in the terminal.
After installation, the icons are there and I can shut down normally.
This only seems to affect the 32-bit live version, 64-bit has the restart and shut down icons while running live.
This is what I've tried/checked:
- Delete all folders in the live user directory.
- Check Session Management: all looks well.
- I have tried adding the user to the same groups as the user from a working system (not live).
- Installing in VirtualBox, verifying that everything is working and create a live DVD from that.
- Running Live in VirtualBox does show below picture, running live from USB however, does show an extra Sleep button (!)
- I have compared (64 vs 32-bits) the config files in the following directories, without finding differences:
Could these missing processes have to do with this issue (or a symptom of something entirely else)?
To see what I'm talking about: