CPU scaling/throttling revisited.

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

CPU scaling/throttling revisited.

Postby CJCorcoran on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:33 am

Hello all,

I am new to Linux Mint and love it. I am using LM 4.0 KDE CE. My question concerns CPU throttling. I know this has been brought up on this forum before, and on others, I just can't seem to find a straight solution. After reading the posts on this forum, and this: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_ma ... .6_Kernels

I'm left confused. Does LM 4.0 KDE CE have CPU throttling built-in? Like out of the box the kernel does the job, or do I need to use Kpowersave? Or is Kpowersave just a way for the user to control it? I tried out Kpowersave save but it won't work. I read that there's a workaround here: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_ma ... .6_Kernels

However, I do not know the powersavemodule for my Intel Core2Duo processor.

--Chris
CJCorcoran
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: CPU scaling/throttling revisited.

Postby grimdestripador on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:48 pm

my celeron m susposidly supports throttling in windows. Although, each time I try to run them applets and such, I get errors too.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Postby akshunj on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:37 am

There's some "under-the-hood" work to be done. Check out the wiki. Unfortunately, not all chipsets are 100% supported, especially the celerons...

--Akshun J
akshunj
Level 3
Level 3

Postby CJCorcoran on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:42 am

Hey man, thanks. Well I don't have a Celeron so I'm not too worried. Besides, my CPU runs at 25 C at full load so I'm not too concerned.
CJCorcoran
Level 1
Level 1

Return to KDE