KDE Mint update program [solved]

Forums for the KDE Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

KDE Mint update program [solved]

Postby k0mll on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:50 am

I have Maya KDE installed on this old computer (Pentium 4, 1.7ghz w/ 1.3g ram, NVIDIA gforce 2) Everything runs pretty good. I have a problem with the updating program. When the Panel Icon indicates upgrades are available, I click, enter password and the p.w. window and tray icon go away and no further windows are displayed. I use Synaptic to install upgrades manually. I saw when Distrowatch evaluated they had the same problem. Any tweeks or ideas?
Last edited by k0mll on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k0mll
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: KDE Mint update program

Postby midas on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:51 am

Did you apply all the updates after installing?
Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon (64 bits)
midas
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Adelante on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Try using Synaptic to uninstall and then reinstall the update manager. It should work after that. At least, it has on my computer.
Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon
Linux Mint 16 KDE
Adelante
Level 4
Level 4

Postby k0mll on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Sorry haven't checked, due to no updates to test... until today. Thanks for the replies. When I first installed Maya, it failed to bring in the updates via the update manager. I used synaptic to bring it current at that time.

Last week I added a ppa to update KDE to the latest and greatest and did that update. Today it successfully updated MINT via the update manager.

It looks fine, a huge set of files were updated, hopefully the problem is solved, I'll attempt to mark it so.
k0mll
Level 1
Level 1

Return to KDE