KDE 4.9.2

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

KDE 4.9.2

Postby wlake on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:58 am

Just for information. I'm running Mint KDE 13 with Kubuntu backports repo installed. On a dist-upgrade today, I was upgraded to KDE 4.9.2.

On another note. Using the cube desktop effect on my netbook, if I uncheck the show caps option on the advanced tab of desktop cube in the desktop effects section of system settings, the cube really gets speeded up. I would be interested to know if this works for anyone else.

Regards,
wlake
wlake
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: KDE 4.9.2

Postby internalrage on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:28 pm

wlake wrote:Just for information. I'm running Mint KDE 13 with Kubuntu backports repo installed. On a dist-upgrade today, I was upgraded to KDE 4.9.2.

On another note. Using the cube desktop effect on my netbook, if I uncheck the show caps option on the advanced tab of desktop cube in the desktop effects section of system settings, the cube really gets speeded up. I would be interested to know if this works for anyone else.

Regards,
wlake

I also upgraded to KDE 4.9.2. I'm not on a netbook, but I am using a laptop and unchecking the "show caps" option didn't appear to change the speed of the cube for me.
internalrage
Level 1
Level 1

Re: KDE 4.9.2

Postby wlake on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:59 pm

internalrage wrote:
wlake wrote:Just for information. I'm running Mint KDE 13 with Kubuntu backports repo installed. On a dist-upgrade today, I was upgraded to KDE 4.9.2.

Regards,
wlake

I also upgraded to KDE 4.9.2. I'm not on a netbook, but I am using a laptop and unchecking the "show caps" option didn't appear to change the speed of the cube for me.

@internalrage Thanks for your reply. Maybe it is more noticeable on slower machines. On my netbook the cube is almost unuseable withou unchecking the showcaps
wlake
Level 2
Level 2

Return to KDE