KDE 4.11.0 on Mint 15

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

KDE 4.11.0 on Mint 15

Postby colyn on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 pm

I installed KDE 4.11.0 from the backports last week and am for the most part happy with it. However I did notice a couple of things. The screensaver locks from time to time but the computer is not but I still have to do a hard restart. The simple screen locker works fine so this isn't really an issue for me and the startup and log off sounds no longer work. This too is not an issue but was wondering if others have noticed the same thing.

I did the upgrade on 3 different machines with the same results so I don't think it's a machine issue..
colyn
Level 6
Level 6

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: KDE 4.11.0 on Mint 15

Postby Jonathan Spearman on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:33 am

Have you looked at the pulse audio playback control, To make sure your system sounds aren't muted. I had a issue with not hearing the system login or logoff sounds, I went in an increased the volume and now I have the sounds.

One thing I have noticed is that when my screen saver comes on, it shows the screen that asks for a password, however none is needed, If I move the mouse the screen saver goes away and I am at my desktop. I may have it set that way, will need to check that.
Thanks
Jonathan Spearman
J.S. Technical Consulting
http://www.jstc.biz/
Running Linux Mint 15 KDE 4.11
Jonathan Spearman
Level 1
Level 1

Postby colyn on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:11 am

Jonathan Spearman wrote:Have you looked at the pulse audio playback control, To make sure your system sounds aren't muted. I had a issue with not hearing the system login or logoff sounds, I went in an increased the volume and now I have the sounds.

That was the first thing I checked and all is set properly..
colyn
Level 6
Level 6

Postby J_C on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:11 am

Gone for me too.

Pretty sure I read somewhere (though I can't find it now!) that they've dropped a few of the system sounds, perhaps this is one of them?
Laptop: Acer 6930g, Intel Core2 Duo 2.0GHz, 3GB DDR2, NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS
Docked: Asus xonar u7 DAC, NAD 3020e Amp, Celestion DL4-II Speakers
Portrait thanks to slide23.blogspot.co.uk
J_C
Level 1
Level 1

Return to KDE