Hi there I have placed have moved the entire home directory to an LVM RAID 1 volume (mirroring) of 500Gib, all went wel exept for the fact that my volume is a bit slow. ( I need to tweak the chunk size )
This is how I've done it.
- use parted to create 1 large single partions destinated voor LVM on two WD greens
- create a new volume group with those fysical volumes
- add logical volumes
- mount the logical volume destinated to be used as home under /mnt/temporary
- cp everything, including hidden files
- unmount the logical volume
- edit fstab, reboot
But since I completed this not so easy task, KDE acts freaky.
Whenever i'll try to open my home from whitin the start-menu or a usb volume form within the bottom pannel,
"Cannot open the file
Please check the permissions."
AND opens LibreCad instead, really weird stuf.
I reinstalled the kde-default-settings package, but it did not help.