Unable to logout of LM 15

Forums for the KDE Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Unable to logout of LM 15

Postby zcmint on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:52 am

Tried searching the archives on this topic but couldn't find anything. When I click on the "Leave..." command (whether from the desktop popup menu or the regular menu) I no longer have the choices of logging out, restarting or shutting down. Now a "graphical" set of three buttons come up and my only choices are "Lock", "Sleep" or "Turn Off". It affects all the user accounts so it's a root problem and not just my account. Checked the system administration section in the Desktop System Settings to no avail. Don't know exactly what it is I'm looking for to begin with. Anyone else have this problem and if so, how'd you solve it? Any and all suggestions welcome!
zcmint
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Unable to logout of LM 15

Postby austin.texas on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:52 am

What Mint are you using - Cinnamon, Mate, KDE?
Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon (64 bit), Quad core AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Microsoft-free environment since 1996
If you want to help Linux Mint with a donation, please visit http://www.linuxmint.com/donors.php
austin.texas
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Unable to logout of LM 15

Postby zcmint on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:13 am

KDE...I downloaded a few desktop system settings configuration applets before this occurred but can't find the culprit now. I currently have to use the KShutdown app in order to bypass the three choices listed in my original message. It works but isn't pretty :D
zcmint
Level 1
Level 1

Return to KDE