Applications menu background, text, layout customizations?

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Applications menu background, text, layout customizations?

Postby No_Name on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:59 am

It's obvious that lots of people are making custom themes (which annoyingly do not effect the applications menu), with different color text and background, etc. I don't know if they use software in order to facilitate drawn elements tweaked to size by the system, but I need one specifically for the purpose of customizing the applications menu drop-down elements, text, and maybe the layout. I want light-colored text on a dark, semi-transparent background with highlights, plus I would try and make the whole thing a little bigger than the "Classic View", but less laborious to access than the wondrous product which KDE has saddled an otherwise fine interface with. If there is software which can facilitate the assignment of color and graphics to menu, I have the skills to make some nice graphics for such a menu theme, What I haven't is the coding experience if it will come down to that. Therefore, I need to know if there is facilitating software which is suitable for this purpose, or will I need to learn how to code it before I can have a menu which looks how I like?
No_Name
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to KDE