Graphic problems with Firefox

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Graphic problems with Firefox

Postby lowskilla on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi,

I really like the new RC of Linux Mint KDE, but there are some graphic problems with my Firefox. I don't know, if these problems are already known, but perhaps there are some hints how i get my FF work better :)

1. There are some problems with the tabs. I'll post a screenshot, this is easier than explaining :wink:

Here you see, the tabs are something like "cutted off". I hope you see what i mean...

2. The Scrollbar and the Checkboxes are a bit strange. Check Boxes are too big, the Scrollbar looks like it would be an image but it isn't integrated very well. Here another Screenshot:

Even if i change my FF theme, these problems are still there. I hope it will be fixed soon or you have hints for me how to get my FF looking better :)
lowskilla
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Graphic problems with Firefox

Postby cedric on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Hi

maybe you could try this,

first install :

sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-ubuntulooks

and after go to config system, appearance, "GTK Styles and Fonts", in "GTK Styles", choose "human" style from option "Use another style".

Firefox and other applications bases on gnome should look like kde applications.

Sorry for my english, this info are coming from this french website : http://www.aide-ubuntu.com/Ameliorer-l- ... de-Firefox
For french speaking drummers : www.latoiledesbatteurs.com
cedric
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Soloact on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:41 pm

This might help you: In KDE, go to "Settings", then "System Settings", then "Appearance", then choose "GTK Styles and Fonts", on the bottom you'll see an option to "Install Scrollbar Fix" for Firefox and Thunderbird.
Soloact
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Joe on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:28 pm

The Firefox tabs problem I think has been known for some time. I recall running into this problem with Kubuntu as well although I don't think I had the issue with OpenSuse. One "fix" is to use this theme instead: http://ramonantonio.net/kde-firefox/
Joe
Level 1
Level 1

Postby lowskilla on Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:36 pm

My problems are solved now. I installed Qt4Curve Style and used this. Then I installed the FF Theme "Abstract Classic" and everything looks really great now. Thanks for your help!
lowskilla
Level 1
Level 1

Postby longlivethebestos on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:56 am

Joe wrote:The Firefox tabs problem I think has been known for some time. I recall running into this problem with Kubuntu as well although I don't think I had the issue with OpenSuse. One "fix" is to use this theme instead: http://ramonantonio.net/kde-firefox/

This looks and feels so much better, I have been having the same problems.

PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE FINAL RELEASE OF LINUX MINT KDE INCLUDE THE ABOVE THEME INTERGREATED IN TO FIREFOX!!!!! It will give the OS a more finished look!!!
longlivethebestos
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Boo on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:57 pm

yes i am using the same theme and clearlooks style.
the theme will have to be a release note for firefox since i can not find a way to install the theme.jar via the command line in a chroot environment.
firefox installs themes internally and needs a DE to start even if you use the command line to install the theme, you need to ff to open.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Boo
Level 8
Level 8

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to KDE