KDE ksysinfo for Mint 6 & 7 KDE 4.2 (working)!!!

Forums for the KDE Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

KDE ksysinfo for Mint 6 & 7 KDE 4.2 (working)!!!

Postby WildSioux on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:57 pm

Now works on Mint 6 and Mint 7 (thanks to merlwiz79).
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=22961#p158001

UPDATE: This is confirmed to be working on Mint 6 (intrepid). See http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=22961#p157513 for download link, and the next post with a screenshot from richyrich.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, if anyone has seen or used openSUSE like I have you will know that it has this sysinfo:/ command in Konquer to display information about your computer. I think this should come installed by default in the vanilla KDE.

This is the main page with download links at the bottom.
http://jerrad.tuxfamily.org/kiosysinfo_eng.html

There isn't a package for ubuntu/kubuntu 8.10. So I tried downloading the Debian "Testing i386 (v.1.8.2)." It installed ok, but when I did the sysinfo:/ command in Konquer, it just gave me an error that is not supported.

I found this one that is for KDE4, but I don't know how to install it from source.
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/stable+sysinfo+2.0?content=98808

This is the command that I don't know what exactly to type in:
Code: Select all
- in build directory run “cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config –prefix` .. “

From what I can tell, this app hasn't been updated in a while. But it is definately in Suse 11.1 since I tried it. I appreciate any help on getting this installed.

BTW...I know about the alternative "kinfocenter" and the gnome "sysinfo" which are in Synaptic. But I want this one installed.

Thanks
Last edited by WildSioux on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WildSioux
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Help installing KDE(suse) sysinfo for Mint KDE 4.2?

Postby Boo on Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:53 pm

you should use apt-get (or apt) to get the source.
you will need to add/enable the debian source repo first.

apt source sysinfo

the cd into the sysinfo directory. then build the package via apt.

apt build

now outside the sysinfo directory you will find the deb and other related build packages.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Boo
Level 8
Level 8

Postby WildSioux on Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:02 pm

Boo wrote:you should use apt-get (or apt) to get the source.
you will need to add/enable the debian source repo first.

apt source sysinfo

the cd into the sysinfo directory. then build the package via apt.

apt build

now outside the sysinfo directory you will find the deb and other related build packages.

Boo

Thanks Boo for the response. But I looked at the repositories in Synaptic and there were numerous "deb-source" repos from intrepid and a few others. Also, there is already a "sysinfo" listed but that is the gnome one.

I am still a little new to the deb ubuntu system. Which debian source repo do I add? And then just follow those commands you listed to get it installed? Thanks
WildSioux
Level 3
Level 3

Postby merlwiz79 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Is kio-sysinfo the same software as sysinfo?
I could try to make a package some time, but I need to know the correct names.
The sysinfo in the repo is a gtk app so I can't name it that.
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Postby WildSioux on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:21 am

merlwiz79 wrote:Is kio-sysinfo the same software as sysinfo?
I could try to make a package some time, but I need to know the correct names.
The sysinfo in the repo is a gtk app so I can't name it that.

No, I dont think they are the same because the sysinfo in synaptic is a gnome app.

I would just name it kio-sysinfo, or kde-sysinfo. That would be awesome if you made a package. Thanks
WildSioux
Level 3
Level 3

Postby merlwiz79 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:16 pm

Sorry I was talking about kio-sysinfo and sysinfo from here http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.ph ... tent=98808
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Postby WildSioux on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:48 pm

merlwiz79 wrote:Sorry I was talking about kio-sysinfo and sysinfo from here http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.ph ... tent=98808

Yes, that is the same as the kio-sysinfo one. I'm not sure but I think the kio-sysinfo is the old one (kde 3.5???). And the sysinfo one is the newer version that someone has ported to Suse KDE 4.x. Either way, they are the same and they show the same information about your computer.

I just thought it would be nice to have in Mint KDE as the Gnome sysinfo looks odd. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with. I am good at graphics but not at coding.

Also, I have been trying to make a DVD case cover for Mint6 KDE CE. I found one that you had made up for the regular version (gnome). Let me know if you want to see what I have done so far.
WildSioux
Level 3
Level 3

Postby WildSioux on Tue May 05, 2009 9:26 am

merlwiz79, just wondering if you found a way to make this work? It would be awesome if it came as default in the Mint 7 KDE CE. Thanks
WildSioux
Level 3
Level 3

Postby WildSioux on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:37 am

I really hate to keep bumping this thread up since no one seems to know anything about this. But I found this ksysinfo that has been packaged for ubuntu "Intrepid."
https://launchpad.net/~samrog131/+archive/ppa/+sourcepub/391005/+listing-archive-extra

I have tried it, but unfortunately I am on Mint 7 now with jaunty. It actually installs fine and I was quite surprised that it did install. And typing ksysinfo:/ in the konqueror address bar, actually shows the little sysinfo icon next to it...but it says that it is unable to communicate with kio-slave or something.

Would anyone be willing to try downloading the proper deb file for your system if they are using KDE 4 on intrepid still? I am interested to see if this actually works for them in intrepid. Thanks
WildSioux
Level 3
Level 3

Postby richyrich on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 am

Downloaded the deb, installed with Gdebi.
Mint 6 kde.
regards, Richard
sysinfo.jpg
sysinfo.jpg (59.52 KiB) Viewed 4300 times
richyrich
Level 13
Level 13

Postby WildSioux on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks richyrich...That is a beautiful site to see! And the fact that it does work gives me hope that it is possible on jaunty and above. Now we just need to figure out why its not working on jaunty.

Now if clem or any of the other devs could help that would be great too. After seeing richyrich screenshot, does anyone else believe this would be beneficial to the Mint KDE CE to be installed as default? I do...
WildSioux
Level 3
Level 3

Postby richyrich on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:58 am

+1
Works natively in Konqueror. Would be great, easy for newb's to get their info for support issues!
Richard
richyrich
Level 13
Level 13

Postby WildSioux on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Maybe this will help...I just downloaded the source from that link I posted. I tried building it from source and got a bunch of errors. I have no idea what any of it means. But maybe this would help someone help us. I imagine if someone tried building this from source on an intrepid install, it would work.

Code: Select all
~/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/build $ cmake ..
-- The C compiler identification is GNU                 
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU               
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc           
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works   
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info                         
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done                 
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++         
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info                       
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done               
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11                                 
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - found                         
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN                                 
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.                     
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS                                 
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found.                     
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC                                 
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found.                     
-- Found Qt-Version 4.5.1 (using /usr/bin/qmake)         
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so;/usr/lib/libXft.so;/usr/lib/libXau.so;/usr/lib/libXdmcp.so                                 
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so;/usr/lib/libXft.so;/usr/lib/libXau.so;/usr/lib/libXdmcp.so - found                         
-- Looking for gethostbyname                                                     
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found                                             
-- Looking for connect                                                           
-- Looking for connect - found                                                   
-- Looking for remove                                                           
-- Looking for remove - found                                                   
-- Looking for shmat                                                             
-- Looking for shmat - found                                                     
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE                                       
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found                               
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so                                                 
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H                               
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H - found                       
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads                                       
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found                           
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread                                         
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found                                 
-- Found Threads: TRUE                                                           
-- Found Automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4                                             
-- Found Perl: /usr/bin/perl                                                     
-- Phonon Version: 4.3.0                                                         
-- Found Phonon: /usr/lib/libphonon.so                                           
-- Found Phonon Includes: /usr/include/KDE;/usr/include                         
-- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT                                               
-- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT - Failed                                       
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPIE_SUPPORT                                             
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPIE_SUPPORT - Success                                   
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL                               
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL - Success                     
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY                                     
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY - Success                           
-- Found KDE 4.3 include dir: /usr/include                                       
-- Found KDE 4.3 library dir: /usr/lib                                           
-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler       
-- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4                                             
-- WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'PKGCONFIG' macro use FindPkgConfig       
-- Found shared-mime-info version: 0.60                                         
-- Looking for dgettext                                                         
-- Looking for dgettext - found                                                 
-- Found Gettext: built in libc                                                 
-- Configuring done                                                             
-- Generating done                                                               
-- Build files have been written to: /home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/build 
user@user ~/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/build $ make                           
Scanning dependencies of target pofiles                                         
[  0%] Generating pt_BR.gmo                                                     
[  0%] Generating ru.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating nl.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating bg.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating cs.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating en_US.gmo                                                     
[  0%] Generating si.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating zh_TW.gmo                                                     
[  0%] Generating hi.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating fr.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating hr.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating hu.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating cy.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating xh.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating sv.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating ta.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating mk.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating zh_CN.gmo                                                     
[  0%] Generating en_GB.gmo                                                     
[  0%] Generating gu.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating lo.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating zu.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating ar.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating th.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating sl.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating ka.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating ko.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating he.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating lt.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating tr.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating mr.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating vi.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating da.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating pa.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating km.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating uk.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating nb.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating pl.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating it.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating ja.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating et.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating ca.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating pt.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating el.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating de.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating id.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating ro.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating sk.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating gl.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating bs.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating fi.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating af.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating es.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating wa.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating bn.gmo                                                         
[  0%] Generating sr.gmo                                                         
[ 93%] Built target pofiles                                                     
Scanning dependencies of target kio_sysinfo_automoc                             
[ 93%] Built target kio_sysinfo_automoc                                         
Scanning dependencies of target kio_sysinfo                                     
[ 95%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/kio_sysinfo_automoc.o 
[ 96%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o             
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp: In member function ‘void kio_sysinfoProtocol::netInfo()’:                                                   
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:385: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:387: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:388: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:390: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:391: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:393: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:394: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:396: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp: In member function ‘bool kio_sysinfoProtocol::glInfo()’:                                                   
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:665: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:667: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp: At global scope:           
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:697: warning: unused parameter ‘name’                                                                       
Linking CXX shared module ../lib/kio_sysinfo.so                                 
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `kio_sysinfoProtocol':         
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:146: undefined reference to `Solid::Predicate::Predicate()'                                                 
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:148: undefined reference to `Solid::Predicate::fromString(QString const&)'                                   
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:148: undefined reference to `Solid::Predicate::operator=(Solid::Predicate const&)'                           
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:148: undefined reference to `Solid::Predicate::~Predicate()'                                                 
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:146: undefined reference to `Solid::Predicate::Predicate()'                                                 
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:148: undefined reference to `Solid::Predicate::fromString(QString const&)'                                   
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:148: undefined reference to `Solid::Predicate::operator=(Solid::Predicate const&)'                           
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:148: undefined reference to `Solid::Predicate::~Predicate()'                                                 
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `hasDirectRendering(QString&)':
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:579: undefined reference to `XCreateColormap'                                                               
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:585: undefined reference to `XCreateWindow'                                                                 
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:589: undefined reference to `XDestroyWindow'                                                                 
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `~kio_sysinfoProtocol':       
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:153: undefined reference to `Solid::Predicate::~Predicate()'                                                 
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:153: undefined reference to `Solid::Predicate::~Predicate()'                                                 
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `kio_sysinfoProtocol::fillMediaDevices()':                                                                     
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:753: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::listFromQuery(Solid::Predicate const&, QString const&)'         
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:764: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::isValid() const'                                                 
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `as<Solid::StorageAccess>':   
/usr/include/solid/device.h:237: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::asDeviceInterface(Solid::DeviceInterface::Type const&) const'                             
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `qobject_cast<const Solid::StorageAccess*>':                                                                   
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:456: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageAccess::staticMetaObject'                                                           
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `as<Solid::StorageVolume>':   
/usr/include/solid/device.h:237: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::asDeviceInterface(Solid::DeviceInterface::Type const&) const'                             
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `qobject_cast<const Solid::StorageVolume*>':                                                                   
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:456: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageVolume::staticMetaObject'                                                           
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `as<Solid::Block>':           
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `qobject_cast<const Solid::Block*>':                                                                           
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:456: undefined reference to `Solid::Block::staticMetaObject'                                                                   
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `kio_sysinfoProtocol::fillMediaDevices()':                                                                     
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:773: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::udi() const'                                                     
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:779: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageAccess::filePath() const'                                         
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:782: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageVolume::label() const'                                           
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:787: undefined reference to `Solid::Block::device() const'                                                   
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:789: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageVolume::fsType() const'                                           
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:790: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageAccess::isAccessible() const'                                     
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:791: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::icon() const'                                                   
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:804: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageVolume::size() const'                                             
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:764: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::isValid() const'                                                 
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `QList<Solid::Device>::node_copy(QList<Solid::Device>::Node*, QList<Solid::Device>::Node*, QList<Solid::Device>::Node*)':                                                                       
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:357: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::Device(Solid::Device const&)'                                                         
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `netStatus':                   
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:129: undefined reference to `Solid::Networking::status()'                                                   
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `QList<Solid::Device>::node_destruct(QList<Solid::Device>::Node*, QList<Solid::Device>::Node*)':               
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:367: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::~Device()'                                                                           
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status                                             
make[2]: *** [lib/kio_sysinfo.so] Error 1                                       
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/all] Error 2                       
make: *** [all] Error 2                                                         
user@user ~/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/build $ sudo make install               
[sudo] password for user:                                                       
[ 93%] Built target pofiles                                                     
[ 93%] Built target kio_sysinfo_automoc                                         
Scanning dependencies of target kio_sysinfo                                     
[ 95%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/kio_sysinfo_automoc.o 
Linking CXX shared module ../lib/kio_sysinfo.so                                 
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `kio_sysinfoProtocol':         
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `hasDirectRendering(QString&)':
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:579: undefined reference to `XCreateColormap'                                                               
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:585: undefined reference to `XCreateWindow'                                                                 
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:589: undefined reference to `XDestroyWindow'                                                                 
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `~kio_sysinfoProtocol':       
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:753: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::listFromQuery(Solid::Predicate const&, QString const&)'         
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `as<Solid::StorageAccess>':   
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `qobject_cast<const Solid::StorageAccess*>':                                                                   
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:456: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageAccess::staticMetaObject'                                                           
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `as<Solid::StorageVolume>':   
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `qobject_cast<const Solid::StorageVolume*>':                                                                   
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:456: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageVolume::staticMetaObject'                                                           
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `as<Solid::Block>':           
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `qobject_cast<const Solid::Block*>':                                                                           
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:456: undefined reference to `Solid::Block::staticMetaObject'                                                                   
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:773: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::udi() const'                                                     
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:779: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageAccess::filePath() const'                                         
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:782: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageVolume::label() const'                                           
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:787: undefined reference to `Solid::Block::device() const'                                                   
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:789: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageVolume::fsType() const'                                           
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:790: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageAccess::isAccessible() const'                                     
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:791: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::icon() const'
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:804: undefined reference to `Solid::StorageVolume::size() const'
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `QList<Solid::Device>::node_copy(QList<Solid::Device>::Node*, QList<Solid::Device>::Node*, QList<Solid::Device>::Node*)':
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:357: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::Device(Solid::Device const&)'
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `netStatus':
/home/user/Desktop/ksysinfo-1.0~ppa2/src/sysinfo.cpp:129: undefined reference to `Solid::Networking::status()'
CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/sysinfo.o: In function `QList<Solid::Device>::node_destruct(QList<Solid::Device>::Node*, QList<Solid::Device>::Node*)':
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:367: undefined reference to `Solid::Device::~Device()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/kio_sysinfo.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kio_sysinfo.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

EDIT: I have updated the first post and the title of this thread (since it works under Mint 6 - Intrepid).

+ I believe the reason why this isn't working for me is because I have Mint 7 jaunty running with the kubuntu-desktop installed running KDE 4.3 beta 1. This ksysinfo depends on kdebase, kdebase-dev, and some other things that I can't remember. Well, in KDE 4.3 beta 1, it uses kdebase-workspace, and kdebase-workspace-dev. The old kdebase packages are not needed. I have tried to install and there are too many dependencies that would make testing kde 4.3 beta 1 useless.

That is why there are those errors when building from source. And when I install the deb...it works but in konqueror it isn't connecting to kio-slave which doesn't seem like it is even installed or working.
WildSioux
Level 3
Level 3

Re: KDE ksysinfo for Mint KDE 4.2? (Works on Mint 6 Intrepid)

Postby merlwiz79 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:23 pm

I have created a working .deb for it.
http://www.4shared.com/file/110490024/a ... lltar.html

Here is what it looks like on Linux Mint KDE CE 7 DEV 40.
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Re: KDE ksysinfo for Mint KDE 4.2? (Works on Mint 6 Intrepid)

Postby WildSioux on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:52 pm

merlwiz79 wrote:I have created a working .deb for it.
http://www.4shared.com/file/110490024/a ... lltar.html

Here is what it looks like on Linux Mint KDE CE 7 DEV 40.

WOW, that is amazing merlwiz79! Thanks for fixing this, whatever you did. This is now working on my Mint 7 (jaunty)!

Here is what it looks like...I changed the top background with Dew and Mint icon, and change the top blue fade down, as well as the Display icon to Mint.

And here are the files to change the background (source), icons. These were just done real quick in gimp...not the best, but maybe someone else can do a better job.
http://www.mediafire.com/?et1dmnqxmd0

Seriously, thanks again!
WildSioux
Level 3
Level 3

Re: KDE ksysinfo for Mint 6 & 7 KDE 4.2 (working)!!!

Postby merlwiz79 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:59 pm

I got it from the svn.

Here is the theme I'm going to make the default in the next .deb.
Also going to make a menu icon.
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Postby Boo on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:08 pm

cool.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Boo
Level 8
Level 8

Postby merlwiz79 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:42 pm

Ok, new Jaunty(Gloria) package with the new style and added a menu entry under System(named System Information).
http://www.4shared.com/file/110518026/7 ... lltar.html
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Postby merlwiz79 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:32 pm

New package again.(In Gloria's Community Repo)
Edited some code to get System for OS info.
Here is what it looks like on KDE CE 7 dev 051.

Gloria Download:(includes source)
http://www.4shared.com/file/112468053/a ... lltar.html
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Postby exploder on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:13 am

I installed this today. Very nice work! Thanks!
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Next

Return to KDE