Amule

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
big_dog1968

Amule

Post by big_dog1968 »

I just installed Amule on my new Felicia KDE installation. I have used Amule with Main edition with no problem, but am having problems with KDE version of Mint. I am receiving "Low ID" from the servers. looked up the Amule wiki and it suggested, I might be behind a firewall. Does KDE have a built in software firewall? I have a wireless router that I connect through, but that can't be the problem, since it would also be a problem for Gnome version, which it is not. Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Amule

Post by slider »

Hi

All Linux systems use "iptables" which is a type of firewall so to speak, but not in the sense that you may think of.

Open a terminal and type

Code: Select all

ufw
which will output the following:

Usage: ufw COMMAND

Commands:
enable Enables the firewall
disable Disables the firewall
default ARG set default policy to ALLOW or DENY
logging ARG set logging to ON or OFF
allow|deny RULE allow or deny RULE
delete allow|deny RULE delete the allow/deny RULE
status show firewall status
version display version information

You may also use an GUI to enable or control the firewall like "guarddog" or firestarter, if you have them installed.

Without more info I would think that its just a configuration problem with Amule.

Hope this helps some....
big_dog1968

Post by big_dog1968 »

I have my router firewall turned off and the firewall in mint disabled and am still getting low id. What else could it be? Emule works in windows. I have used amule in mint in other versions of mint without issue. I am running 64 bit mint right now.
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider »

big_dog1968

Im not very familiar with Amule, having never used it, but if you can describe the problem in a little more detail I'll be glad to help you try and find an answer.

Maybe an Amule user will see your post and provide some input as well....

Return to “Software & Applications”