Hi Mint team,
This is the third consecutive edition of Linux mint which I am using. I am very much impressed by this release. Mint has become one of my favourite distro. This release of Mint KDE has strengthened my belief that Mint is slowing becoming a rock solid release with innovations in each and every release which I had tested. I would like to thank the Mint team for such an excellent release.
I would also like to place the following suggestions for future releases of MINT.
1) I found that very few development related softwares come bundled with the installation DVD (1.1 GB or 1.2 GB doesn't make any difference for me if it also includes some development tools). I know that it is very difficult to satisfy every one, but I request the Mint team to consider this in their future release.
2) One of my favourite development tool Codeblocks is not available in the repository.
3) Some of the mint packages like mintupdate still uses gksudo (I think) and it looks a bit odd.
Some Problems faced:
4) I had installed firefox 3.5 using the repository but if I remove firefox 3.0 the package manager shows mint-meta-kde as the dependency. So I do not know how to remove this.
5) I have added the Network mananger plasmoid, but I don't know how to put it inside the system tray.
Finally, I am developer and I would like to contribute to Mint development. Particularly on the packaging some new softwares which are not currently available in the repositories. How do I do this? Is there a how to on this. I am new to debian based system and very much comfortable.