Device Notifier Problems with KDE 4.xxx

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Device Notifier Problems with KDE 4.xxx

Postby nickt1862 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:24 pm

What is it that when I insert a music CD and Device Notifier pops up that only a meager 2 to 3 options/applications there show up verses the rest of the Multimedia apps that are already installed in the OS.

As of KDE 4.3 there is a "supposed" way to edit this, and as of this time even after going into I believe it's called "Device Actions" Under System Settings/Advanced I still cannot get it to work correctly no matter what distro with KDE 4.3 I try. The application command is there and the rest but still no good.

Maybe there's bugs, but I'm open to suggestions and or any feedback.

This has to function correctly for me if I'm ever to use KDE4.xxx.

I like KDE4.xxx but this problem is stopping me from doing so.

As of now the 18th day of August 2009, I'm not using any Linux distro with KDE 4.xxx till or if this problem is resolved. Back To Linux Mint 5 KDE 3.5.10 for now.

Thanks so very much.

Nick
nickt1862
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Device Notifier Problems with KDE 4.xxx

Postby richyrich on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:12 pm

By reading in the KDE forums, there will be a System Settings module for this in KDE 4.3
richyrich
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Device Notifier Problems with KDE 4.xxx

Postby nickt1862 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:18 pm

richyrich wrote:By reading in the KDE forums, there will be a System Settings module for this in KDE 4.3

Yes, I have already seen this called "Device Actions" (as I've already tried a slew of KDE 4.3 distros) and that's where I been at and was trying to get the Device Notifier to "see" the rest of the already installed OS apps.
nickt1862
Level 1
Level 1

Return to KDE