Will there ever be a x64 version of Mint KDE CE??

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Will there ever be a x64 version of Mint KDE CE??

Postby Axanon on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:34 pm

I apologize if this has been asked a few thousand times already; I tried to search the forums to find an answer to this question but unfortunately PHPbb's search engine is rather lazy.

I gave Mint 7's KDE release a test drive today and was quite impressed by KDE in general (It popped my KDE cherry). I was wondering if there are any plans to one day take Mint KDE to the next level and do a x64 version??

My personal opinion is that 64-bit is the way to go since newer machines are all using 64-bit architecture, I don't understand why such a great OS like Mint isn't catering to the latest and greatest technology already, especially when it (Mint) is gaining so much popularity!

Anyways, I digress and just want to leave this at my original question; "Will there ever be a x64 KDE version of Mint?".
Axanon
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Will there ever be a x64 version of Mint KDE CE??

Postby Boo on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:28 am

Yes.
Now that I am packaging a lot more and KDE4 is much more stable I will have more time to do the 64bit version.
Problems arise when i don't have enough test machines too, VMs are great but not the same as real hardware.
I plan to do a 64bit release for Mint 8 KDE CE.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Boo
Level 8
Level 8

Postby Jay514 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:13 am

Boo,
If I can help by running any test sw, or hw test, please let me know , I have 3 X64 Laptops. Just PM or post.

Jay514
" Do Not Do Wrong Twice,That Which You Could Have Done Right The First Time"

Main = HP Pavilion DV4-1275mx - OS=Mint_CE x64KDE/LXDE,& x64Kubuntu
Jay514
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Axanon on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:34 am

Awesome! I can't wait for Mint 8 then ;).. In the meantime I installed KDE on top of Mint 7 x64, took out some GNOME stuff and added a ton of KDE software.. it runs pretty smooth (so far).
Axanon
Level 1
Level 1

Return to KDE