Final KDE

Forums for the KDE Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Final KDE

Postby martosurf on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi, since I got a new machine, Intel's QuadCore 8400 2.66hz, 4GB, ATI 5750HD and most important a 24" monitor I can appreciate now KDE in it's full glory and I know there's no way back to once the useful GNOME environment.

I'm a big fan of Debian so I tried Kubuntu Karmic, which is rather buggy... Hey, I'm using it right now and I really like it but it's too buggy for prime time (I'm not surprised I heard this thing over and over and over again with each release of Kubuntu, confused!?)

Knowing all the effort you put in the Mint KDE CE I'm waiting for the final 64bit release to go and get it, so when do you think will it be available? I'm downloading now the RC 1 to help you find bugs and polish it but I would like to know when do you think the final edition will finally hit the shelves.

Cheers!
martosurf
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Final KDE

Postby Husse on Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:33 pm

We're just testing the KDE 64bit and given that there only seems to be some minor, but important, bug I think a release is more or less immanent
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Final KDE

Postby gravelbay on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Husse wrote:We're just testing the KDE 64bit and given that there only seems to be some minor, but important, bug I think a release is more or less immanent

That's GREAT news, Husse!
You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. - C. S. Lewis
gravelbay
Level 4
Level 4

Return to KDE