Mint icon for Kickoff menu

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Mint icon for Kickoff menu

Postby recent-convert on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:26 pm

When screwing about with different widgets I managed to lose the original menu icon. Can anyone tell me where in the filesystem the icon is found, so that I can reinstate it? The default Kickoff icon is ugly to my eyes.

Also, I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but is there a plan to bring mintMenu to the KDE edition?
recent-convert
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint icon for Kickoff menu

Postby dolf05 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:22 pm

root/user/share/linuxmint
dolf05
Level 1
Level 1

Postby recent-convert on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:30 am

Excellent, thanks!
recent-convert
Level 1
Level 1

Postby schrodinger's cat on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:32 pm

I sure wish there were a way to make the Mint icon the default for the launcher. I hate the Kickoff menu and always switch to the Classic menu, but you can't edit favorites in Classic, you have to switch back and forth to Kickoff to do that, and every time you do the icon changes back to KDE. Does anyone know where the location is that contains Other Icons? If I could copy the Mint icon into there then at least I wouldn't have to navigate to /user/share/linuxmint every time it changes. Thanks.
schrodinger's cat
Level 1
Level 1

Postby dolf05 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Copy the file to a easy directory or place say the desktop then right click the kickoff menu and select "application launcher settings", left click the icon icon(that looks daft typing that), select "other icons" check box (or circle) and browse to where you placed the icon. And there it is.
dolf05
Level 1
Level 1

Postby schrodinger's cat on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:16 am

dolf05 wrote:Copy the file to a easy directory or place say the desktop then right click the kickoff menu and select "application launcher settings", left click the icon icon(that looks daft typing that), select "other icons" check box (or circle) and browse to where you placed the icon. And there it is.

I would like to eliminate the need to browse at all. When you click on "Other Icons" a panel opens showing a bunch of miscellaneous icons. If I could get the Mint icon to show up in that panel, I could select it without having to browse.
schrodinger's cat
Level 1
Level 1

Postby dolf05 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:23 pm

I could be wrong with this but where the icons are depends on the icon theme you are using.
dolf05
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to KDE