This workaround works fine on both my Dell Laptops with no problems, your mileage may vary. PLEASE remember to back up ALL important files.
1. Install package kalternatives. (this package is in the universe repos)
2. This will install an additional control module in your System Settings (Advanced Tab).
3. Open Alternatives Configuration under System Settings.
4. In the bottom left hand corner, under Options, check the box that says, Hide Useless.
5. On the top left hand side there is a box that is named, Groups.
6. Go down to the entry, kdesu, and highlight it.
7. In the status box to the right you should see (2) options with the /user/bin/kdesudo box checked.
8. Underneath is a line that reads, /user/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu-distrib/kdesu The description reads, "Runs a program with elevated privileges"
9. Check this box. You will notice the other box clears automatically.
10. Hit OK and close out of System Settings.
11. Log-out and back in or better yet, restart.
12. press alt-F2 to open command prompt.
13. Type kdesu dolphin and hit enter. (you will noticed the box may look slightly different).
14. Dolphin as Root should now stay open with no errors.
Dell XPS m1330 (NVIDA) 4 GIGS RAM
Dell Inspiron 1318 Intel Graphics, 3 GIGS RAM
Please be kind, I'm doing this post because of the kdesu bug that was irritating to me, if it not to you or you don't experience this bug than please disregard.