Olivia Xfce Edition Approved for RC release

Postby Orbmiser on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Olivia Xfce Edition Approved for RC release
http://community.linuxmint.com/iso

Make some Happy Campers? :P
Orbmiser
Level 7
Level 7

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Olivia Xfce Edition Approved for RC release

Postby tdockery97 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Orbmiser wrote:Make some Happy Campers? :P

Not if they want to install xfce4-xfapplet-plugin/mintmenu. At this point they are not installable due to missing dependencies. Just downloaded and gave it a try.

I'll stick with Mint 15 KDE. :P

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, 2.5GHZ A10-APU, Radeon HD 8650G
Registered Linux User #520972
tdockery97
Level 13
Level 13

Postby The Dark Side on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Testing at this very moment. It really is a treat for those who like the XFCE definitely not be missed. It is extremely fast, actually consumes very little ..... Ideal for old computers, Congratulations Linux Mint Team !!!! Although my heart is with KDE, have really done a great job (once again) with XFCE !!!! Greetings.-
The Dark Side
Level 3
Level 3

Postby ajasmin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:25 pm

If I install this now, can I upgrade it all the way to the final release by installing automatic updates?
ajasmin
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Orbmiser on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:36 pm

ajasmin wrote:If I install this now, can I upgrade it all the way to the final release by installing automatic updates?

Yes any RC of any distro will eventually upgrade to final during the daily or weekly auto updates available.
Orbmiser
Level 7
Level 7

Postby rlillard on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:41 pm

OK, I click on the link: http://community.linuxmint.com/iso
I am taken to a page with a long list ISO images. the one I want is the top one.

I click on the ISO link and am taken to a page with nothing to download, just
a bunch of test cases and results.

How do I download the actual image so I can test too?

Ray
rlillard
Level 1
Level 1

Postby tdockery97 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:25 pm

The mirror sites for the iso files are here: http://www.linuxmint.com/mirrors.php

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, 2.5GHZ A10-APU, Radeon HD 8650G
Registered Linux User #520972
tdockery97
Level 13
Level 13

Postby MtnDewManiac on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:17 pm

tdockery97 wrote:Not if they want to install xfce4-applet-plugin/mintmenu. At this point they are not installable due to missing dependencies. Just downloaded and gave it a try.

I'll stick with Mint 15 KDE. :P

You can install xfce4-applet-plugin/mintmenu with no issues under Mint 15 KDE?

Did you inform... whoever it is we're supposed to inform when we find an issue in an RC? Who is that, by the way, what's the accepted procedure for doing so? I think the purpose of trying an RC isn't so much to decide whether or not we like it, it's to find bugs that the developers missed and to report them in a concise (I failed "Concise 101" in school :roll: ) manner so that they can be taken care of before the actual stable release. If we don't do so, we have to expect to see those same issues in the stable version. So do we just post things like that here in the forums, or is there a specific place/procedure so that such reports don't get lost among the usual "this sure is nice," "thanks," etc. posts?

tdockery97 wrote:The mirror sites for the iso files are here: http://www.linuxmint.com/mirrors.php

Specifically, pick a mirror in the list under "Primary download mirrors" (presumably one near your physical location and with low load). When you are taken to "Index of /linuxmint," click on "testing/" to go to the directory where the .ISO(s) you want are stored. Don't forget to also download the "md5sum.txt" file in that same directory so you can check the md5sum of the .ISO you download against what it is supposed to be - that'll verify that you got an exact bit-for-bit copy of the file.
_____
Proud to be a Mint user. Running 32-bit Mint 14 Xfce (with Xfce 4.10 and 4.12 PPAs). I have the best modern OS and it runs on my really old hardware, lol.
"Change should never be your goal but, instead, only a means to reach your goal."
MtnDewManiac
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Xfce