Graphic bug after standby

Forums for the Xfce Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Graphic bug after standby

Postby Patistar on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Hey guys,

I installed Linux Mint 15 XFCE (32bit) few weeks ago and I've got a problem. Everytime when I try to wake up my Netbook from standby, I have a colored screen looking like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/251 ... -44-52.png and there is no chance to return to the gui. Only a reboot solves that problem. I have a Packard bell dot s netbook, with an Intel Atom N2600 and an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600.

Would be happy about any advice and help.

Thank you :)

Best regards
Patrick
Patistar
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Graphic bug after standby

Postby Rob Loach on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Integrated Graphics can sometimes be a pain. Try installing any proprietary drivers and see if that helps. Could also try out 13.10 and see if that helps at all.
Rob Loach
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Graphic bug after standby

Postby MtnDewManiac on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:16 pm

When you see this behavior after attempting to "wake" your computer, can you switch to text-mode (press CTRL-ALT-F1)? Or is your machine completely unresponsive?

I'm guessing that you'll be able to switch. I don't know if it helps, though. But if you can get to a terminal prompt, at least you will be able to run any diagnostic commands that end up getting suggested to you while your computer is still in the state that you are trying to diagnose (as opposed to having to reboot and depend on various logs to hold the information, I mean).

Regards,
MDM

EDIT: You are definitely not alone. A quick web search found this (and lots of other threads):
r-mo wrote:Having said that I get the same scrambled graphics problem when waking up from sleep.

Code: Select all
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1953734.html
_____
Proud to be a Mint user. Running 32-bit Mint 14 Xfce (with Xfce 4.10 and 4.12 PPAs). I have the best modern OS and it runs on my really old hardware, lol.
"Change should never be your goal but, instead, only a means to reach your goal."
MtnDewManiac
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Xfce