Installed Nautilus, doesn't match the set theme

Forums for the Xfce Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Installed Nautilus, doesn't match the set theme

Postby soupmagnet on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:33 am

After using the main edition for a while, I decided to try Xfce (64bit). I like everything about it for the most part, but I'm not too keen on Thunar so I decided to go back to Nautilus. I installed it through apt, set it as the default file manager, and everything works just fine...except, I'm using a dark theme (Xfce Dusk, iirc) and Nautilus pops up with a stark white background instead of being dark like everything else. The window borders do match the theme, however, but the background, toolbar, scroll bars, etc., do not.

I noticed there is a similar question, posted HERE, that suggests using GTK themes, which also includes a small tut on setting the background color, but the thread is kinda old and I'm hoping there may have been some improvements or updates since then. I'd rather not mess around with GTK if possible, and setting the background color is fine if I have no other choice, but it still doesn't change everything else. Besides, I'd really hate to have to go through that whole process every time I decide to install a new theme...so...

Is there a way to get Nautilus to recognize and accept the Xfce theme that has been set, or am I just out of luck?

Oh, and rebooting doesn't help :P
soupmagnet
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Installed Nautilus, doesn't match the set theme

Postby MtnDewManiac on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:37 am

Have you tried running it via terminal prompt with:
Code: Select all
nautilus --no-desktop

to see if that makes any difference?

Regards,
MDM
_____
Proud to be a Mint user. Running 32-bit Mint 14 Xfce (with Xfce 4.10 and 4.12 PPAs). I have the best modern OS and it runs on my really old hardware, lol.
"Change should never be your goal but, instead, only a means to reach your goal."
MtnDewManiac
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Installed Nautilus, doesn't match the set theme

Postby soupmagnet on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:37 am

Thank you, but it makes no difference.
soupmagnet
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Xfce