LibreOffice update broken [Resolved]

Forums for the Xfce Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

LibreOffice update broken [Resolved]

Postby PussyCat on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Have just (had to - thank you MythTv!) reinstall Mint13 Xfce.

Thought this would be a good time to try AptOnCD taken from a corresponding install on another machine. This seemed to go ok although one still has to perform various configurations but all the additional apps seem to have made the journey!

However, on opening Synaptic, 10 broken packages are reported all of which are LibreOffice components plus python-uno. The problem and error seems to be down to libreoffice-core which is at a different version to all the other compents.

Whilst all the other components are at version 1.3.5.7-Oubuntu4 upgradeable to 1.3.5.7-Oubuntu5, libreoffice-core remains stubbornly at 1.3.5.2-2ubuntu1. The original is at 1.3.5.7-Oubuntu4.

Fix broken dependencies fails. Upgrade all largely fails because of it, and trying to upgrade it individually fails - all with same error.

What went wrong and how can I get out of this viscious circle?
Last edited by PussyCat on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
PussyCat
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: LibreOffice update broken

Postby clfarron4 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Did you update your repository indexes with apt-get update then apt-get upgrade?
Problems? Tell us EXACTLY what you've done and what you expected to happen, IN DETAIL. That will save us questions, and we should get along better,

I have dysgraphia. This means I might have understood you incorrectly through no fault of my own.
clfarron4
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LibreOffice update broken

Postby PussyCat on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:02 am

Fix broken dependencies fails. Upgrade all largely fails because of it, and trying to upgrade it individually fails - all with same error.

Anyway, the problem has been resolved with minimum disruption by simply uninstalling libreoffice-core (which takes everything else with it) then reinstalling.

A broader issue - which may be another thread - is when to use AptOnCD because it seems to me there is a phasing issue between upgrading original install, creating an AptOnCD image (the apps may have accumulated amidst several update cycles) then installing Mint to new machine (from original iso), updating <> incorporate AptOnCD!

EDIT Hopefully it doesn't matter anymore - finally succeeded with Remastersys!
PussyCat
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Xfce