possible bug: gparted on live CD mounts all partitions

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

possible bug: gparted on live CD mounts all partitions

Postby Lord Platin on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:07 am

Hello,
I've encountered a possible bug using the new Live CD of Mint XFCE CE. I started gparted and it immediately the usual device checking. About a second before it finished, file manager windows popped up all over the place, showing the contents of all my partitions. So I thought this couldn't be good but ignored it. Made gparted disable swap because I wanted to repartition my hard disk and it was the only partition in use and thus locked. So it checked the devices again, and suddenly they were all locked because they were mounted o.O
I unmounted one of them, gparted startet checking the devices, one second before finished there came another file manager popup with the device I just unmounted. Well, in the end, I unmounted all my devices using a terminal, let gparted check the devices and this time it didn't mount the partitions again. So I removed all but 2 Windows partitions and just when deleting the other partitions finished 2 more popups came, filled with the contents of my two partitions left.

If you think about it, it's actually quite funny, like the notebook saying "nooo, I like my Elyssa Gnome, don't XFCE me!!" :D

Anyway, I managed to work around the problem, but I thought you might like to know about it anyway :)

Bye,
LP
Lord Platin
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: possible bug: gparted on live CD mounts all partitions

Postby Husse on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:44 am

This was the default behavior in Cassandra I believe
I've started a bug topic
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to XFCE