MintXFCE is great!

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

MintXFCE is great!

Postby DapperMe17 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:21 am

Wanted to pass on "many thanks" for piecing together such a nice little distro!

Simple, easy & full-featured out-of-the-box.

Many happy users :wink:
DapperMe17
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: MintXFCE is great!

Postby FedoraRefugee on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:07 am

Sure is great and ditto for me!

I have used Mint Gnome on my kids computers for a year or so because of the stability and ease of use. But it has only been a few weeks since I tried Elyssa Xfce and I must say this is the best out-of-the-box implementation of this DE I have yet seen, and I have used most. I was using Fedora with Xfce on my computers since FC6 and the Mint default is so close to what I was doing, with the single bottom panel, more Gnome like look...Everything I have disliked with Mint and Gnome is now gone. I dont see how it could possibly get better. I see a large number of people, in various distros, especially Fedora, becoming dissuaded with the direction Gnome and KDE are heading yet still wanting a full featured DE and not a spartan WM. Xfce perfectly fits this bill and I see it gaining in popularity. For anyone reading this post with these feeling that have not tried Xfce yet, the Mint edition is the one to try.
FedoraRefugee
Level 6
Level 6

Postby Zwopper on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:46 am

+1
Minty Fresh!
My artwork at deviantART | My Tweet
CREA DIEM!
Lenovo E320 | 8GB | 512GB Samsung 840 PRO - SSD | Ubuntu 14.04
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Postby zaheermk on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:56 pm

Sure, it is! I second DapperMe17, FedoraRefugee & Zwopper in the title of the thread.

I'll definitely post the teeny weeny problems that I have had / am facing with this distro under some other topics / threads, but still I can't, but admit that this is THE best XFCE based distro that I've tried.

Thanking the developers and the community once more for bringing out such a wonderful distro! :D
zaheermk
Level 1
Level 1

Postby m_l on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:46 am

This is the best XFCE I have used. :D

I would like to Thank the developers and the community for their great work. When I can, a donation will be made.

P.S. Keep up the great work :D
m_l
Level 1
Level 1

Return to XFCE