The Linux Personal Achievements 2008 Awards

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

The Linux Personal Achievements 2008 Awards

Postby Caraibes on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 pm

I wanted to let you guys know about this article : http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diar ... ievements-

For those of you on touch with “Merlwiz79”, tell him to read it, and post something in the comments, that will be nice !
Caraibes
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: The Linux Personal Achievements 2008 Awards

Postby exploder on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:49 pm

I am not sure how credible the writer is but it is nice to see merlwiz79 get some recognition for his work. Merlwiz79 puts a great deal of thought and effort into his work.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Postby ronnoc on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:46 pm

I agree entirely. It's always good to see reviews of Linux Mint in the general Linux community. If Mint can keep getting traction within the Linux community then it only follows that Mint should be included in any reasonable Win/Mac/Linux discussion and THAT is when the breakthrough will happen. It would be interesting to me to see a stat page on the website for weekly downloads (although I know this is an artificially low number due to the fact that many people download from secondary torrent sites like LinuxTracker.org). But still trending those numbers, which I'm sure is done internally, and making them public would be a neat thing to see.

And congrats to Merlwiz79, Jamie "Boo" Birse, Shane Joe Lazar, and everyone else involved in the 'CE' editions. You all do great work in my opinion for both proudly representing the respective desktop flavors each edition represents, as well as for bringing new converts daily to the growing Mint masses.
ronnoc
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Rob Brill on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:55 pm

Hey, Hey Dear Merlwiz79

Congrats!

That guy from Planet Bèranger is very demanding and rigorous and you was the winner
for the the biggest suprise award 2008. :)

Linux Mint XFCE CE 5 Elyssa

I am glad too because a friend from Brazil (Flávio) GoblinX Live CD was the other winner.

Cheers
Roberto
Rob Brill
Level 4
Level 4

Return to XFCE