Desktop Shortcuts question - slightly cheeky!

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Desktop Shortcuts question - slightly cheeky!

Postby alun_sundry on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:11 pm

After downloading, burning and trying it out, I've not been able to pursue use of Mint XFCE because I use Mobile Broadband and it won't recognise my dongle, so having got the taste for XFCE I've installed Xubuntu. Could Merlwiz - if I've remembered his name right - tell me if (and how) I could easily alter my desktop shortcuts so that like Mint XFCE they don't have that little background for the program titles, better still if the font colour could be changed to white.

(Lack of transport and a back complaint meant I couldn't take the pc elsewhere to install Network Manager .7, which hopefully will be included with the Fluxbox edition, and hopefully Mint XFCE 7.)

Thanks.
alun_sundry
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Desktop Shortcuts question - slightly cheeky!

Postby alun_sundry on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:01 pm

In case anyone looks here with the same enquiry, I've solved it. A file has to be put in the Home folder called .gtkrc-2.0, containing the lines below. (I've amended the lines I found to remove the program's name background and turn the font colour from black to white, as per Ubuntu. It looks much more professional now, and I imagine it'd work also for ZenWalk, Saboyan etc. If you should have a light wallpaper and not want the white program names, the three lines beginning fg are where the relevant colour codes are.)

style "xfdesktop-icon-view" {
XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 0

base[NORMAL] = "#00ff00"
base[SELECTED] = "#5050ff"
base[ACTIVE] = "#0000ff"

fg[NORMAL] = "#ffffff"
fg[SELECTED] = "#ffffff"
fg[ACTIVE] = "#ffffff"
}
widget_class "*XfdesktopIconView*" style "xfdesktop-icon-view"
alun_sundry
Level 3