Icon themes

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Icon themes

Postby Gumbotron on Wed May 06, 2009 1:35 am

how do i successfully install icon themes? each time i put them into /usr/share/icons the theme doesnt fully install. I thonk it doesnt at least because when i start up epiphany the back, home, and forward buttons just show that "X" icon like when you cant load an image. Also right when i change the icon theme a box shows up sayin "The network manager apllet could not find some required resources. It cannot continue." Am i doing somethin wrong. Most of the icon themes i got from gnome-look.com. Like the Vamox icon theme or the Gnome Color themes

O and while im talkin about epiphany, i cant modify anything in epiphany when i enter about:config. It just doesnt do anythin. its just sorta freezes. I can click on the different tabs but i cant click on any links or edit the config. Its wierd

O and i cant open an icon set named Buuf_Duece because its a 7z archive. I already installed p7zip along with xarchiver.
Gumbotron
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Icon themes

Postby Husse on Thu May 07, 2009 6:18 pm

I think you do inXFCE as in gnome
Download the theme... the tar.gz file, save it Then just drag and drop it on the Theme selecting application. Viola... it's installed!
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to XFCE