A few trials with Xubuntu and Linux Mint XFCE failed.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
THEWHOLE

A few trials with Xubuntu and Linux Mint XFCE failed.

Post by THEWHOLE »

Xubuntu may be to blame in the first place; it is the "root" of Linux Mint XFCE.
Xubuntu (I forgotten which version) failed in graphics, and the other failed after updating
Than I went to Linux Mint XFCE (Two versions of it- 8 and 9 respectively, failed to install in
the first place.)
Now I am settled with LXDE (it may be a bit featureless, but all I ask for is a reliable and fast
system.)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Re: A few trials with Xubuntu and Linux Mint XFCE failed.

Post by TBABill »

Are you saying LXDE works for you on the same version (Mint 9, for example) you tried with Xfce? That seems odd since the underlying system is the same, but it makes more sense if you had failures in 8 and 9 and then tried LXDE in 10.

Some people have graphics incompatibilities they have to deal with using the alternative install on Ubuntu. I don't know if your hardware falls into that group or not, but it does make it frustrating for a user when most installs just work. I had it happen when I tried both Mepis and Sidux last year. I could not get to any graphical interface so I just stopped trying.

Glad you have it all sorted. LXDE runs faster anyway so you probably will enjoy it more if you don't require the additional eye candy.

Return to “Xfce”