Daryna XFCE CE Final long delay

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Re: Daryna XFCE CE Final long delay

Postby linuxviolin on Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:13 am

Yes Opera is superior to Firefox but it has some problems with flash... and it's closed!

But have you tried Kazehakase as used by Fluxbuntu and Ubuntulite?

It's a "Gecko based web browser using GTK", "a web browser using the Mozilla rendering and networking engines."

Midori is also interesting but still in its early stages of development, so most of the options are not configurable. It is a project to watch. "Let's hope that Midori won't reach the bloatedness of the other browser that was supposed to be lightweight"... :roll:
Last edited by linuxviolin on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby reia2k on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:28 am

Yesterday I reinstalled mint Xfce. From the hardyheron (ubuntu 8.4) repositaries
I updated xfce to the 4.42 version and firefox the 3.0b3 version. No problem until
now. Not bugs on Xfce and a good work of the browser. Try and good luck.
I love Xmint :-)
reia2k

Postby jbaerbock on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:29 am

I agree with you fully MerlWiz. FireFox should work the same in XFCE CE as it does in the other distros. I was mearly pointing out that FF has a history of being a memory blackhole. I've had it hog loads of memory in Windows too. But good luck on trying to fix it. Any idea if this was a problem in XFCE Cassandra or just in Daryna?
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Postby merlwiz79 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:42 pm

jbaerbock wrote:I agree with you fully MerlWiz. FireFox should work the same in XFCE CE as it does in the other distros. I was mearly pointing out that FF has a history of being a memory blackhole. I've had it hog loads of memory in Windows too. But good luck on trying to fix it. Any idea if this was a problem in XFCE Cassandra or just in Daryna?

Cassandra worked correctly, but Celena and Daryna doesn't.
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Postby Dwood on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:40 am

I am running Cassandra xfce.

could I replace the sources.lst with the one in posted by Husse in order to update my system?
Dwood
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Dwood on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:32 am

In addition to previous post:

I would like to install mintupdate to Cassandra XFCE.

I know this is possible as I am sure I have seen a post about it somewhere.
Could you remind me how to do this and where to download the mintupdate file.

Then I hope to safely update my system using the sources.list posted by Husse in his previous post.
I hope that this is OK to do.

If anyone has any ideas about his please let me know.

Thank you.
Dwood
Level 2
Level 2

Postby jbaerbock on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:15 pm

I copied that sources.list as well and hope to put it to good use once my new hard drive gets in. Apparently all my installing and testing of distros took its toll on my HD and it is almost 100% dead. So I'm replacing my 40gb dead one with a higher rpm 120gb :D. Yes it makes me happy and I haven't made up my mind yet but hope to install Mint XFCE either Cassandra or Daryna whichever is ready. Keep up the good work MerlWiz and really Cassandra XFCE was so good I don't think we're missing to much by not having Daryna yet.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Dwood on Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:21 pm

I added the Daryna repos to my sources.list and have now added mint update to Cassandra xfce.

It seems to be working fine.
Dwood
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Previous

Return to XFCE