Chromium/Rhythmbox open automatically on login

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PawnTakesKing

Chromium/Rhythmbox open automatically on login

Post by PawnTakesKing »

Been running the RC of Xfce for a while now. Suddenly yesterday, every time I log in now, Chromium and Rhythmbox open automatically. I've checked most of the obvious: I don't have "Save this session" checked, and the two programs aren't listed under the "Startup Applications" section.

Any suggestions on how I can get them to stop?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ugh

Re: Chromium/Rhythmbox open automatically on login

Post by ugh »

PawnTakesKing wrote:Been running the RC of Xfce for a while now. Suddenly yesterday, every time I log in now, Chromium and Rhythmbox open automatically. I've checked most of the obvious: I don't have "Save this session" checked, and the two programs aren't listed under the "Startup Applications" section.

Any suggestions on how I can get them to stop?
Log in, close those 2 applications, mark 'Save this session', log out and back in.
lmintnewb

Re: Chromium/Rhythmbox open automatically on login

Post by lmintnewb »

Could try an app called .. bum, it's a startup manager. Might not solve your issue. But when you have it .. Can disable some other services that start at bootup that you don't need/want. Speed your comp up a lil perhaps. Also noticed when I log out in xfce to switch to another desktop or set the comp to suspend or whatever. It has a check box marked summin like "save this session for future log-ins". It's checked by default apparently.

Might check that and uncheck that box if it's checked. See if it helps sort out your issue. About all I could think to offer. I'm a linux mint newb, so not real familiar with the OS atm.

(random thought) Also did you install all the xfce packages you needed ? I think there's two ( though could be wrong ) someone's supposed to get when installing xfce. ... xfce meta and xfce goodies.

Return to “Xfce”