Plymouth

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Plymouth

Post by tdockery97 »

I notice that the Debian repos have Plymouth. Has anyone tried it out to see if it works ok in LMDE?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
secipolla

Re: Plymouth

Post by secipolla »

The Linux Mint dev team may have tried it, I suppose. :wink:
steveo314
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steveo314 »

yes it will work. but the linux mint plymouth theme isnt installable on lmde as of yet. dont know if clem is working on it still.
debian or bust
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

I went ahead and installed it, and it works. Right now it's just a progress bar across the bottom of the screen, but at least I don't have to watch all that text unless I want to. :)
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
steveo314
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steveo314 »

yes. and there are 5 or 6 other plymouth themes you could switch to if you so feel. Theres one you can actually put the Linux Mint Logo( the entire one at the top left of the forum page) on if you want.
debian or bust
mati75

Post by mati75 »

http://www.kombatant.com/2010/08/debian ... mouth.html it's how to fix plymouth on debian. Mint theme for debian: http://pliki.mati75.info/plymouth-theme ... 2_i386.deb for set mint theme:

Code: Select all

sudo /usr/sbin/plymouth-set-default-theme mint
This is look: Image
vincent

Post by vincent »

I've also got Plymouth installed on Debian, and it works fine...just keep in mind that Plymouth in Debian and in Ubuntu are no different, in that if you don't have a KMS-enabled driver, you're going to have troubles. E.g. Plymouth works fine with nouveau, but looks ugly with nvidia.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Yeah, mine works great. I love that Solar theme. Much prettier than watching little dots. :lol:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1

Return to “LMDE Archive”