Wow this great

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Wow this great

Postby tuluse on Sun May 18, 2008 1:02 am

I was looking for a distribution which would run quickly on my laptop (a thinkpad with a P3), but was still polished and had a large array of repositories (I like to try out new programs a lot). I was running Xubuntu, which I liked, but I wanted even more speed, and this is perfect. Well, once I started fbpanel it was perfect anyways.
tuluse
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Wow this great

Postby Acid_1 on Thu May 22, 2008 3:31 pm

Fluxbuntu is pretty nice. You could try puppy too, it looks okay aesthetically.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Postby tuluse on Thu May 22, 2008 5:44 pm

I tried fluxbuntu, but I didn't like it that much. I want firefox as my default browser, and couple other "heavier" applications. Also, I felt that Linux Mint was much more polished, which I was looking for.
tuluse
Level 1
Level 1

Postby invisosniper on Thu May 22, 2008 10:20 pm

tuluse wrote:I tried fluxbuntu, but I didn't like it that much. I want firefox as my default browser, and couple other "heavier" applications. Also, I felt that Linux Mint was much more polished, which I was looking for.

I felt the same way, Also Fluxbuntu has a different Goal than Linux Mint Fluxbox CE it would seem...

Fluxbuntu is meant to be as Minimal an install as you can get with an Ubuntu based system.

Whereas Linux Mint FbCE is striving to deliver a Full Featured and Convenient, yet Light Weight Ubuntu based system.
With Linux Mint FbCE, you get a lot of features Because they don't just use size as the determining factor of picking software, they balance Size with Usefulness...And look what came out!

*(Edit: Some Spelling Errors)
invisosniper
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Others