xfce4-terminal transparency

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mastacheata

xfce4-terminal transparency

Post by Mastacheata »

Hello,
is there a way to get real transparency with xfce4-terminal like it's possible with eterm?
In my fluxbox setup xfce4-terminal is just transparent to its own background color, which was not quite what I wanted to achieve.
Eterm works pretty well with the --trans option.
The problem first appeared with installing Mint Fluxbox CE 6 Felicia on my new harddisk.
With Mint Fluxbox CE 5 Elyssa the transparency in xfce4-terminal worked as expected on the same computer.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
beauvin

Re: xfce4-terminal transparency

Post by beauvin »

the only way to get "real" transparency is to install the drivers for your graphics card, go to Menu > mintConfig > Hardware > Hardware Drivers.
Mastacheata

Post by Mastacheata »

That might be the case for nvidia or amd/ati graphics cards, but since my laptop comes with an Intel GMA 945 chipset there is no such thing as a proprietary/restricted graphics driver.
And as I said before it works with the enlightenment dr17 terminal emulator eterm (http://yfrog.com/2uscreenshotetermp) so I think there's either a misconfiguration on my side or the xfce4-terminal has problems with transparency in this special fluxbox environment.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

turning off xcompmgr should give you the desired effect... but that would mean no compositing effects. Go System Tools > Toggle Desktop Effects

Return to “Software & Applications”