Need either some translations or some references to some.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kendall

Need either some translations or some references to some.

Post by Kendall »

Guys;

I'm in the process of updating the mint-fm2 menu system to break down the absurdly large "System Tools" submenu in to two smaller submenus contained within a "System" submenu so that the end result is easier on the eyes and less intrusive on the desktop. I'm a busy dude at the moment so I'd like to get as many of the translations as I can from the community before I go trying to dig them up myself. Currently mint-fm2 supports the following languages:

ar
bg
cs
de
en System Preferences
es
fr
fr_FR
hr
it
ja
ko_KR
pl
pt
pt_BR
pt_PT
ro
sv
sv_SE
zh_TW

I need to get the word "System" and the word "Preferences" to add to as many of these as possible. Any help in doing so is greatly appreciated. Or if you have new translations for me to add, then by all means let me know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Need either some translations or some references to some.

Post by shane »

I will update the original mint-fm2 translations thread as well.

If you made a translation for one of the mentioned languages in the original thread, please go back and edit your original post as well just so that we have everything in one place.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=21210

Thanks.

P.S. @Kendall: Let me know if I should make any changes to the original post / template.
Last edited by shane on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

I have posted an updated (rather just posted) for Romanian (ro) on the original thread. http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 90#p227790
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

shane wrote:P.S. @Kendall: Let me know if I should make any changes to the original post / template.
Synaptic has been added as well, Instead of reworking the whole thing, I'm just appending this stuff to the end of the locale files and double checking to make sure it's referenced correctly in the rootgen script. The "en" file now looks like:

Install
Home
Web Browser
Terminal
mintConfig
mintInstall
Run
Fluxbox
Accessories
Games
Graphics
Internet
Office
Others
Programming
Sound & Video
System Tools
Quit
Generating menu. Please wait.
Synaptic
Preferences
System
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

Done.
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

Here's the basic "proof of concept" on my desktop of exactly what I'm trying to get done:

Full language support would be all sorts of awesome.

Return to “Software & Applications”