Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Re: Animated Flash Controls

Postby Locrian on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:06 pm

the plot thickens!
Locrian
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Kendall on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:58 pm

The good news is that I've been working very hard at tracking this bug for several days now and I think I have it isolated. The bad news is that the bug seems to be a regression in the actual Fluxbox package. The next step is to start working with legacy versions of Fluxbox to try to isolate where the regression is. I'm not exactly sure where to go from here as I'm under the assumption that Mint 8 is the only distro shipping with Fluxbox 1.1.1 so I'm going to start with 1.0.0 and see what I can come up with.
Kendall
Level 7
Level 7

Postby Kendall on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Update: the animated flash controls seem to be working much better in Fluxbox 1.0.0 from the Intrepid repo. I'm going to do some more testing and try to figure out what to do for Mint 9. For testing I'm using http://www.speedtest.net and any of the sponsored videos on YouTube.

EDIT: I just packaged a 100% vanilla .deb of Fluxbox 1.1.1 and the problem is still there. I thought for a minute that it may have been one of the patches applied by the Debian maintainer, but it's definitely in Fluxbox itself.

EDIT 2: If anyone wants a 100% vanilla .deb of Fluxbox 1.1.1 then let me know. I have it compiled and (aside from the Flash issue) it works great. It doesn't have a session, so you'll need something like mint-fluxbox-default-settings to get it to work properly.
Kendall
Level 7
Level 7

Previous

Return to Others