Removing Menu

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Removing Menu

Postby fluxboxforever on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:22 am

Hi guys, I'm having some trouble with Linux Mint.

Version: Linux Mint 9 Fluxbox

Ok, so you know how whenever you boot up Linux MInt, there's that menu with 4 icons and the clock at the bottom? I want to remove that so I can fit a dock in there, but for some reason, I can't seem to edit it, and you only edit the "invisible toolbar", that looks similar to the one in Linux Mint 8 Fluxbox. Can anyone help me, I'm really new to this, and I can't seem to remove it whatsoever. Please help me!!!

Thank you :D !
fluxboxforever
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Removing Menu

Postby viking777 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:24 am

Open ~/.fluxbox (in other words its a hidden folder in your home partition). In there you will find quite a lot of stuff. Look for a line like this;

Code: Select all
session.screen0.toolbar.tools:   prevworkspace, workspacename, nextworkspace,iconbar, systemtray, clock

I am not sure exactly what you want to do but since you mentioned the clock, if I wanted to remove the clock from my system I would delete the word 'clock' at the end of the line :D

Isn't flux marvellous! So easy even I can use it :lol:

The other desktops have all lost their way, it is about simplicity and control, or it should be.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Return to Others