[SOLVED] Mint 9 Isadora Main install to FLuxbox

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

[SOLVED] Mint 9 Isadora Main install to FLuxbox

Postby COSLinux on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:46 am

Just a quick question, is it possible in Mint to "layover" the Fluxbox edition with my currently installed "main/gnome" installation ? Mainly to get the Mint Flux interface, not the standard one.

Thanks 8)
Last edited by COSLinux on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COSLinux
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint 9 Isadora Main install to FLuxbox

Postby shane on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:36 am

Here are all the packages specific to the Fluxbox edition: http://packages.linuxmint.com/list.php? ... ra-Fluxbox

I'm not sure if they are present in the main edition's repos but you can check. Otherwise, just install the packages manually. This is not supported so it might break something in your Gnome installation. I'm sure Kendall has taken measures to make this as least likely as possible but you should be aware. For starters install only the essentials... fluxbox, tint2 and mint-fm2. These should be safe. Then see where you want to go from there. You can also download the default settings package and use the config files from there to get a more Minty feel.
shane
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Mint 9 Isadora Main install to FLuxbox

Postby COSLinux on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am

Thanks for the package list, it worked well. I appreciate it. It was as simple as pulling the packages down and installing one by one. So if anyone else would want to do the same thing i recommend it.

Just on a side note again I am running Mint 9 Isadora. Just an FYI for other users.
COSLinux
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Others