Daryna Fluxbox CE BETA 028 released.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Daryna Fluxbox CE BETA 028 released.

Post by shane »

hi all!

sorry for the long break in communication. thank you all for the feedback. i am on my way back home and will be back in action as of tomorrow. I will implement as many of the fixes for the issues pointed out and hopefully we will have a stable release soon.

Thanks again!

shane.
Interested passerby

Post by Interested passerby »

Shane,
Good to see your post. Like many others, I suspect, I am really looking forward to seeing this edition progress. It's a great looking desktop and will be fantastic once the bugs are ironed out. (It is really rather excellent already.) I have it installed on an old laptop. I'd like to put it on my eeepc, but am waiting for a stable release as I'm rather timid about editing stuff (call me a noob if you like) and just want a point and click gui that works but without the bloat.
Easy access to lightweight apps would therefore be quite interesting. (I guess synaptic probably gives me that, but I'm having trouble with my broadband today which seems to be operating at glacial speeds.)
Thanks for all your hardwork.
Ian
Sam Hughes

Post by Sam Hughes »

The HEAnet mirror gives weird sizes for the Fluxbox edition ISO...

The University of Crete has the full 513MB image, and I am currently downloading.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

shane, nice to hear from you! I am anxious to see the fluxbox edition go final. I thought the beta with all of the fixes was awesome! Fast and elegant, with all of the potential to be the best fluxbox based system out there. Please keep us posted.

Post by Guest »

hi there,

i've used in the past the first version of the fluxbuntu (1-rev2), but it seems the project came to a halt; i fact i'm interested in a ubuntu distro with fluxbox default windows manager and it's great to see the Daryna Fluxbox CE BETA 028 has been released; i hope to see more or a final stable version

best regards
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

hi all,

it seems like some people think Mint FB has stagnated and they are right in a way... firstly because of my prolonged holiday and i've been playing catch-up at work since i got back. so my apologies for not having the final release out yet. I have been working bit by bit whenever i have time and merlwiz really sorted out some major issues which i would not have been able to do by myself. so a big thanks to him. that said, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer... and a have a feeling its not a train :lol: i will try to get the final out ASAP.

cheers.
Hargo

Post by Hargo »

Hi,

This fluxbox edition looks so great I wanted to install it on my Intel Mac Mini (I like speed). Unfortunately, Grubs gets stuck after reboot.

Thanks
sailor@moon

Post by sailor@moon »

I must say I love the mint-fluxbox combination. It is really sleek. No bugs to report so far as most of the ones I encountered have been reported already.

Please keep up with the good work.
ippokratis

Post by ippokratis »

Xgamer wrote:I have problem with Daryna Fluxbox it doesn´t boot, that the linux kernel didn´t found :| Can you help me?
Maybe the ISO file is corrupted. You must download it again, I guess. :wink:
interested passerby

Post by interested passerby »

Hi Shane,

Any further news on whether you expect to continue working on this marvellous project? Would be great to hear that it is progressing from Beta to final release.

Hope all is well. And thanks for the work that you've done on it to date. Its a great little version.

Ian
Mindhunter2202

Post by Mindhunter2202 »

Are there any news or is Fluxbox CE dead? I tried to contact shane by pm but still no response.
Because of nothing new here i try to build my own debian based fluxbox distro including the mint tools. I am new to linux but i learn a lot at the moment. For this reason it's ok that fluxbox is stagnating because otherwise I never would try it...
Husse

Post by Husse »

As things are developing I find it best to lock this old topic and the debate can continue in the new topic
The status of Mint Fluxbox CE
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 42&t=11774

Return to “Software & Applications”