Fluxbox Edition Final

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Fluxbox Edition Final

Postby linuxviolin on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:01 pm

It is astonishing that nobody is still posted in this section... :roll:
I would be thus the first :mrgreen:

I will simply like to know when one can await the final version of the Fluxbox Edition?

Thanks.

P.S.= In place of Brasero, or like an addition, why not install GnomeBaker or Graveman? They are easy, more complete... e.g you can change the speed for burning (for example to burn .iso files at low speed)... :wink:
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Fluxbox Edition Final

Postby Husse on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:19 pm

My friend this is in the spanish section - good knows what happens to it know :roll:
I don't know, but shane - the developer - has family business of some sort that keeps him from working on it for a while so it will take some time

//Edit by husse/ it's moved out of the spanish section but I don't remember doing it, Clem may have...//
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby linuxviolin on Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Husse wrote:My friend this is in the spanish section

OK but I don't speak Spanish! Maybe I can try with a web translator... :roll:

Husse wrote:it will take some time

Ah? Thus we will wait... :?
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Postby OU812 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:11 pm

You can change the speed in brasero. Next to the cd drive drop down menu is a "properties" box. Click that and you will be able to change your drive speed.

john
OU812
Level 3
Level 3

Postby linuxviolin on Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:12 pm

OU812 wrote:You can change the speed in brasero. Next to the cd drive drop down menu is a "properties" box. Click that and you will be able to change your drive speed.

Yes, you are right! I used Brasero very little, probably too quickly and I had not 'seen' this possibility, shame on me! :oops:
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Postby micpet on Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:44 pm

Is there any way to get brasero to accept CD-R discs. That is all I have available right now and it keeps rejecting them. I says it is not readable, or something to that effect.

While we are in this fluxbox section, I have it on my older machine right now. I would like to know how to add and remove programs. I tried to install good old nautilus cd burner and it was no go. Error messages. Nautilus burner just plain works. This brasero dose not seem to be user friendly.

Have more questions, later. But I would like to say this: I am a little disapointed in the fluxbox (and xfce) edition. It seems my freedom to change things is severely restricted. That seems a little bit against the basic reason we all choose linux. To have control over the machine.

Don't mean to rant, just a bit puzzled. I will say this, though. I compared the fluxbuntu release to the mint one. Mint wins hands down. If any distro will not recognize my wireless, will not let me test drive it, and dose not have ndiswrapper installed or able to be installed, than that distro is crap. It assumes every one is connected through a hard line. I am not, and I know a lot of others who are also not connected like that. We need the wireless.

That sold me on mint and continues to do so. The wireless managers in both the fluxbox and xfce are very excellant. Better even than the main edition. On that, very nice work. You deserve a lot of credit for that. I and others thank you.

Any help getting to the bottom of fluxbox is appreciated. You know, if it were not for the learning curve, linux would be boring! :wink:
micpet
Level 1
Level 1

Postby exploder on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:07 pm

The Fluxbox Edition has Synaptic. You should be able to install anything you like. Brasero accepts CD-R disks for me, not sure why you are having that problem...

You can use Synaptic to get the packages you are wanting.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Others