2nd & 3rd Day
Screen Saver does not kick in always, like it almost always does with VLC Player .
- Video Signal Corruption
- FireFox with 2 or 3 JS pop-up windows, teminal, Gedit (All unmaximised) Uptime 20', last 10' idle. Video signal lost and REISUB did not help. Had to hit restart button
- FireFox full screen maximised. Screen saver again not activated, video signal lost, REISUB no good. Restart button. Instead of splash screen, got screen pattern => video memory overwrite. Had to do cold start.
- FF Restart led to video memory overwrite & system crash
- Libre Writer
Twice in succession did not open Print dialog and brought down system
However Firefox and Gedit both open the Print dialog, and I was able to print to a ps file ok.
- Lost X, with system crash following in console
- Overwrote video memory and system crash
It seems that as long as screen saver kicks in, system doesn't crash. Just the once with Firefox fullscreen has screen saver appeared, but it almost always appears with VLC player, the one exception being VLC in full screen and idle over a 45' period, but system did not crash. Screen saver activation appears to be a hit and miss affair,
Today no system crash. Seems like I've got the measure of Petra RC, and I'm not sandboxing either
Firefox restarted 2 or 3 times without incident, but all the same have to take precautions before a Firefox restart.