Linux Mint 17 codenamed “Qiana”

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.

Re: Linux Mint 17 codenamed “Qiana”

Postby ElStellino on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:21 pm

I comment just to subscribe to this thread, and be updated asap. Waiting for the new release so I will format my 1TB hard drive, and reinstall everything. Gonna get a new 2TB to back up everything :)
Thanks for all the efforts!
Last edited by ElStellino on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Core i3 530 2.93Ghz
4Gb Ram Dual Channel.
ElStellino
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby konjad on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:02 pm

ElStellino wrote:I comment just to subscribe to this thread, and be updated asap. Waiting for the new release so I will format my 1TB hard drive, and reinstall everything. Gonna get a new 2TB to back up everything :)

It's gonna be released at the end of May (that's the plan at least, which probably means June), why bother subscribing to a discussion if you can just check out the site in 2 months? They aren't going to make a surprise and release it ie. in April, because they have to wait for the new Ubuntu themselves.
konjad
Level 3
Level 3

Postby dddan on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:25 am

Plan to upgrade the current maya to Qiana. Tks all.
dddan
Level 1
Level 1

Postby konjad on Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:59 pm

dddan wrote:Plan to upgrade the current maya to Qiana. Tks all.
Thx for letting us know.
konjad
Level 3
Level 3

Postby ElStellino on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:06 pm

konjad wrote:
ElStellino wrote:I comment just to subscribe to this thread, and be updated asap. Waiting for the new release so I will format my 1TB hard drive, and reinstall everything. Gonna get a new 2TB to back up everything :)

It's gonna be released at the end of May (that's the plan at least, which probably means June), why bother subscribing to a discussion if you can just check out the site in 2 months? They aren't going to make a surprise and release it ie. in April, because they have to wait for the new Ubuntu themselves.

And you, why bothering commenting for letting me know? Don't you find it stupid? Does it bother you so much to know that I bothered subscribing to a forum post to receive updates?
Yes I did it to know it in my email box, rather than coming continuously on the blog/forum if you wonder, is it so odd?
Also, to be entirely honest I don't give a flying damn of what you think. I am still subscribed for that matter, and so are you.
ImageImageImageImage
Core i3 530 2.93Ghz
4Gb Ram Dual Channel.
ElStellino
Level 1
Level 1

Postby bugreprt on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:44 am

Will a fix for Realtek RTL8192CU wireless devices be included in Qiana (17)? It didn't work out of the box in Petra (16).
bugreprt
Level 1
Level 1

Postby kmb42vt on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Thanks for all the efforts!

Good to know. :D

By the way, you can always subscribe to a forum topic/thread without having to comment by scrolling to the bottom of any topic thread page and checking the Subscribe to topic check box. at the lower left. Just so you know. :wink:
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Postby ElStellino on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:46 pm

kmb42vt wrote:Good to know. :D

By the way, you can always subscribe to a forum topic/thread without having to comment by scrolling to the bottom of any topic thread page and checking the Subscribe to topic check box. at the lower left. Just so you know. :wink:

Thanks,
But... what is all this hate with you, guys?
Good to know that you know, but don't you think that your comment is as useless as mine, and I just got a useless notification for it, and so all the people who silently subscribed, as you suggested?
You could have sent me a PM sorting the same effect of giving useful information without notifying uselessly other people. Just so you know for the next time. :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
Core i3 530 2.93Ghz
4Gb Ram Dual Channel.
ElStellino
Level 1
Level 1

Postby kmb42vt on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:58 pm

ElStellino wrote:
kmb42vt wrote:Good to know. :D

Thanks,
But... what is all this hate with you, guys?
Good to know that you know, but don't you think that your comment is as useless as mine, and I just got a useless notification for it, and so all the people who silently subscribed, as you suggested?
You could have sent me a PM sorting the same effect of giving useful information without notifying uselessly other people. Just so you know for the next time. :wink:

Actually, ElStellino, there was absolutely nothing wrong with your comment at all and everything wrong with the response you got. There was no call for it. I just wanted to let you know about another way you can subscribe to a thread just in case you hadn't noticed it. It actually took me a year before I noticed that little check box at the bottom of the page.

And if you'd like to keep an eye on how the testing process is going for the next upcoming release, bookmark the following page:

http://community.linuxmint.com/iso

Sometime around the beginning of May you should see the pre-release versions of LM 17 show up in the list and you can check on how the testing is going. No downloads though as Mint doesn't release alphas or betas to the public, only RCs but it's a good place to check out how things are progressing.

No hate here my friend. :)
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Spearmint2 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Looking forward to it. I wish LTS versions were named after any species of penguin. Still, there's a limit on the number of species for penguins and not all the names are that great anyway.

http://www.penguins.cl/penguins-species.htm

Is there some sort of set convention to the naming of versions other than alphabetically?
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
Spearmint2
Level 8
Level 8

Postby tdockery97 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Spearmint2 wrote:Is there some sort of set convention to the naming of versions other than alphabetically?

Yep. Female names, and they must end with an "a".

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, 2.5GHZ A10-APU, Radeon HD 8650G
Registered Linux User #520972
tdockery97
Level 13
Level 13

Postby kmb42vt on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:54 pm

tdockery97 wrote:
Spearmint2 wrote:Is there some sort of set convention to the naming of versions other than alphabetically?

You mean like Tuxana? Tuxciana? Tuxerina? Tuxanya? Or perhaps Tuxakillashandra? :wink:
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Spearmint2 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:58 pm

The Aussies would probably like "Sheila".
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
Spearmint2
Level 8
Level 8

Postby ElStellino on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:07 pm

kmb42vt wrote:.........
And if you'd like to keep an eye on how the testing process is going for the next upcoming release, bookmark the following page:

http://community.linuxmint.com/iso

Sometime around the beginning of May you should see the pre-release versions of LM 17 show up in the list and you can check on how the testing is going. No downloads though as Mint doesn't release alphas or betas to the public, only RCs but it's a good place to check out how things are progressing.

No hate here my friend. :)

Thanks for the link, I admit I didn't know of the little check box, nor of the iso link to be bookmarked.
Sorry I reacted a bit too harshly - but I was still a bit upset by the previous comment, and yours just added up.

peace and love. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Core i3 530 2.93Ghz
4Gb Ram Dual Channel.
ElStellino
Level 1
Level 1

Postby ardouos on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:00 am

tdockery97 wrote:

Also in alphabetical order.
LMDE - Xfce
ardouos
Level 1
Level 1

Postby artur73 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 am

May I have suggestion to the next - probably18th - version of Linux Mint's female name?
I've got badly ill sister, her name is Renata. Of course it is not a must, just kindly ask.
I think she would be happy to know her name would live forever.
I must addmit I feel a bit stupid asking for that but in her illness I cannot offer her much more than this.
Should you have other ideas for the 18th Mint name, do not worry, I will be fine whatever your decision will be.
Pardon me for probably too personal and embarrasing question.
Regards
Artur Soltysiak
artur73
Level 1
Level 1

Postby andklein on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:23 am

I would like to point out:

Yeeeah, Cinnamon 2.2 :mrgreen:
andklein
Level 2
Level 2

Postby turtlebay777 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:09 pm

andklein wrote:I would like to point out:

Yeeeah, Cinnamon 2.2 :mrgreen:

OK, Mate!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
turtlebay777
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Eggnog on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:03 pm

artur73 wrote:May I have suggestion to the next - probably18th - version of Linux Mint's female name?
I've got badly ill sister, her name is Renata. Of course it is not a must, just kindly ask.
I must addmit I feel a bit stupid asking for that but in her illness I cannot offer her much more than this.
Should you have other ideas for the 18th Mint name, do not worry, I will be fine whatever your decision will be.
Regards
Artur Soltysiak

Works for me.
Eggnog
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Spearmint2 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:03 pm

artur73 wrote:May I have suggestion to the next - probably18th - version of Linux Mint's female name?
Regards
Artur Soltysiak

Maybe. Reminds me of the name from Beatles album, "Rhonda".
Spearmint2
Level 8
Level 8

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

PreviousNext

Return to Releases & Announcements