Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
overthetop

Re: Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" released!

Post by overthetop »

Great! Can't wait to try it! :D
ZX Spectrum

Post by ZX Spectrum »

I installed Linux mint 14 and was disappointed.
It freezed totally yesterday so I had to use button on computer.

I have a strange problem when I use Vuescan. When I want to change folder to save to I push browse button and choose folder.
Usually it works but when I installed LM14 I can't choose folder by push browse button. If I want folder /media/Stora I got /home/kristian which is default folder. Some folders I can choose and other I can't.
I can choose /media/Stora by typing it manually.

Now I have installed LM13 and vuescan works again. Very strange behavior?!?
The Dark Side

Post by The Dark Side »

Esteemed colleagues: New ISO images of Linux Mint 14 "Nadia": 14.1 http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2234
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

Thank you, Jose Manuel. Does 14 now become 14.1 by upgrade or is a fresh install needed?
Jose Manuel wrote:Esteemed colleagues: New ISO images of Linux Mint 14 "Nadia": 14.1 http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2234
Frederator

Post by Frederator »

Adelante...
Users who are already using Linux Mint 14 will not have to reinstall the distribution, they can simply install the relevant updates from the update manager built into the distribution.
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

Thank you very much. As I had hoped. :D
ZX Spectrum

Post by ZX Spectrum »

I hope the new version corrects the bugg with vuescan. For the moment I stay with LM13 but after christmas I do a new attempt.
ganju87

Post by ganju87 »

It's a very nice version, I must say. It's very smooth, and looks very neat and everything works as expected and fast on my sony vaio (vgn-nr21m)

But there's something bugging me quite much, and that's the cinnamon clock/calendar. Although it shows the date correctly, it gives me a wrong time, and that although I've set it to my timezone which is Prague/Europe....also sometimes it's hours behind, etc...I've picked network time, and when I open Date & Time Settings it shows me the correct time, but not on the panel..........and I have no clue why that is so. It used to work just fine in the beginning, but then it just stopped working, and I have no clue how to solve this,and sadly my computer skills are limited... :(
anyone knows what that could be and how to fix this? what info do you need from me to see what the problem is?
pgyure

Post by pgyure »

I love the new release, thanks for the hard work for everyone!
But I have a slight disappointment as it was one of the new features that if I place something on a workspace it will remain there even after a reboot. Actually it doesn't act so... Would be nice, and useful to make the dedicated workspaces really a 'let's say' separated desktop.
And why don't we have the Mint-Z theme? Really...
Thanks in advance!
maciek

Post by maciek »

Thank you Team for the hard effort, I really like new Linux Mint.

I'm just after fresh install of Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" - Cinnamon (64-bit) + all updates until today. Let me share few things which were working after fresh install, but they're not working after all updates:
1. gnome-online-accounts is no longer working (also there's no icon/shortcut in the proper menu)
2. new login /user switch/ is no longer working (also there's no icon/shortcut in the proper menu)
3. VirtualBox uses 32-bit not 64-bit
4. pyCrust and XRCed have no icon in the proper menu (although they're visible there)
5. "update icon" in the system tray always shows that system is up to date although apt-get update && apt-get upgrade says different
6. login screen icon/shortcut disappeared from the menu

Either way, great job!

Edit: After recent updates there's no graphical logon at all, no gdmsetup binary, no gdm.conf in /etc/init/ nor /etc/init.d/
Last edited by maciek on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nunya Biznis

Post by Nunya Biznis »

It would seem that the Nadia XFCE release ISOs are up on the mirrors, hopefully the KDE ones aren't far behind.
helgatheviking

Post by helgatheviking »

keghn wrote:Mint 14 mate runs great and installed great.
No problems.
I think 14 will be as good or better than Mint 12 kde

Mint 14 mate on my Samsung series 7
chronos np700z5c optimus laptop using Intel
ivy bridge hd4000 Intel gpu, and geforce gt 630m gpu. Using i7-3615QM
cpu. 8Gbytes ssd, and 8gig of ram.

Hi @Keghn - How does the touchpad work? I had a lot of trouble w/ the series 7 touchpad on mint 13 (cinnamon) and it took a lot of hackery to get it to work properly, though not well. and if you closed the lid, you couldn't get out of suspend mode. any improvement there?

when i get the windows half of my machine squared away, i look forward to trying this!
spudit

Post by spudit »

i realise this has been asked and answerred several centillion times, but are there any plans for nadia lxde distro?
xfce installs and runs fine once you disable auto mounting inserted volumes and apt remove slideshow :)
freezeout

Post by freezeout »

Installed Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon recently and have been completely pleased, the installation was easy, everything worked with minimal tweaking, including Nvidia, Soundblaster, printer/scanner, and it in my opinion, having Mint built on top of Ubuntu is the best of all worlds, and Cinnamon is beautiful, fun, and relaxing, a technical and artistic achievement. I appreciate all the work that must have gone into developing Mint 14.
xtra5
Level 1
Level 1

Post by xtra5 »

tq clem&team for all mint release.
Tejas_0

Post by Tejas_0 »

Hi

Setting timezone from Kernel Boot Parameter on Live System does not seem to work.

I've tried the following combinations:

[utc[=no]] tz=Europe/Berlin

Each time I just end up with UTC showing on my clock.

Will be grateful for a couple of shell commands I can insert into a shell script, which I can then run from a terminal.

Suspect Kernel Boot is a long outstanding omission(bug)?

Thanx
willation

Post by willation »

There are may improvements in Mint 14, I really enjoy the Cinnamon edition. Great job for improving the MDM and the Software Manager. I was running Maya LTS, but after trying out Nadia 14, I couldn't help myself; I definitely installed.
Tejas_0

Post by Tejas_0 »

Unsuccessful Reanimation after a Suspend

On moving mouse or hitting a keyboard key to re-animate the system, screen comes to life, cursor moves around, but nothing else is possible. Previously in this thread I have suggested how it was possible to recover from this state.

Now however I think I have stumbled upon a workaround remedy. It seems that, if after the suspend I break the network connection eth0 (in my case physically) , it so happens that upon 'restart' the system remains frozen, and only springs into life upon the connection being restored. It appears that the connection notification (h/w or s/w interrupt?) does the trick. :wink:

Update: Mon Apr 15 14:21:24 CEST 2013

The above procedure seemed to work for a while, but not any longer :( So to break the suspend it's back to

Code: Select all

Ctl+Alt+F1 (Fx)  ->  Console
ps -C gnome-session
kill <PID of gnome-session>

Return to “Releases & Announcements”