Linux Mint 5 Elyssa officially released!

Releases and other announcements
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.

Re: Linux Mint 5 Elyssa officially released!

Postby Helmsdeeper on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:50 am

I wanted to thank all of the people behind Linux Mint, excellent experience so far. This is my first installation of Mint.
I tested the live gnome Elyssa on my Toshiba A205-S4707 Intel-based laptop, worked great. And that's saying quite a bit since I normally choose kde. I installed it over Klikit .1-9 RC2 (based on gutsy) which I was having a hard time getting the audio to work.
I must say I am very impressed so far, so I just registered and sent in a donation.
Keep up the great work!
Helmsdeeper
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Eesaurus on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:05 am

Hi!

First post here. Nothing to say really, but i just had to come to tell you that Linux Mint is just great. I have nothing bad to say about it, and i'm puzzled that it's not more known that it is. Why everybody's talking 'bout Ubuntu when it comes to Linux, if you can have something like Mint?

Well, my first Linux was Ubuntu, and it was all right. At first there were these codecs and codes that you had to put into the system etc., but then it was ok. Still, when i found and tried Mint, i was sold. Mint looks good, works fine (out of the box!), is still open if you want to hassle with it, is safe, is free. Did i miss something? Propably. Ah, yes, it's stable too. :D What more can you ask for a operating system (or distribution)? Yes, i don't play much. :wink:

Great work!!!
Eesaurus
Level 2
Level 2

Postby mmesantos1 on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:24 am

Eesaurus wrote:Hi!

First post here. Nothing to say really, but i just had to come to tell you that Linux Mint is just great. I have nothing bad to say about it, and i'm puzzled that it's not more known that it is. Why everybody's talking 'bout Ubuntu when it comes to Linux, if you can have something like Mint?

Well, my first Linux was Ubuntu, and it was all right. At first there were these codecs and codes that you had to put into the system etc., but then it was ok. Still, when i found and tried Mint, i was sold. Mint looks good, works fine (out of the box!), is still open if you want to hassle with it, is safe, is free. Did i miss something? Propably. Ah, yes, it's stable too. :D What more can you ask for a operating system (or distribution)? Yes, i don't play much. :wink:

Great work!!!

I second Eesaures! :D
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8

Previous

Return to Releases & Announcements