Linux Mint 5 Elyssa KDE CE RC1 (BETA 045) is out!

Releases and other announcements
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.

Re: Linux Mint 5 Elyssa KDE CE RC1 (BETA 045) is out!

Postby infamous on Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:57 am

Ark needs to be configured before it can overwrite files which can be kinda confusing for someone who has no experience with the program(like me).
infamous
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby merlwiz79 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:59 pm

infamous wrote:One of the level 3 updates causes X to fail to start and gives me a fatal error message. I can't tell exactly what the message says cause it goes off my screen so fast. I'm sorry cant tell you which update causes it either. Everything else is nice, well except I get some artifacts on my screen when ever I drag an icon around on my screen. Sorry I can't be more helpful in identifying these problems. I'll see about fixing them when I'm not so tired and have some free time. Well done very nice.

Only levels 1 & 2 are seen as safe updates.
Level 3 updates should only be installed when It fixes a bug you have.
Some Level 3 updates might needs a level 4 or 5 to fix the bug.\ or finish the update.
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Postby infamous on Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:18 pm

The first time I installed I did all updates first and then installed proprietary nvidia drivers through the built in add hardware feature. The second time I installed the nvidia drivers first and then did the updates and didn't have the problem so I think that something must have gone wrong while updating. I usually try to do graphics drivers last.
infamous
Level 2
Level 2

Postby janjacobs on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:50 pm

hello Clem,
i just installed Mint KDE, and i noticed my firefox and some other programs look odd, almost as if their not using KDE...
they dont look like KDE programs, more like old gnome programs.

and aside from wireless (which works much quicker in the normal mint edition) everything works ok so far
janjacobs

Postby merlwiz79 on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:06 am

janjacobs wrote:hello Clem,
i just installed Mint KDE, and i noticed my firefox and some other programs look odd, almost as if their not using KDE...
they dont look like KDE programs, more like old gnome programs.

and aside from wireless (which works much quicker in the normal mint edition) everything works ok so far

Go to System settings and under Appearance should be a GTK setting.
Change GTK to use KDE style and that should make it look the same.
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Postby zinchalk on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:31 pm

67GTA wrote:
67GTA wrote:I'm having trouble with the KDE power manager(kde-guidance-powermanager). It shows two procs, but they are both at 0%. I booted the Kubuntu 8.04 CD to check, and it shows them fine. I noticed a difference in package versions. Mint is using kde-guidance-powermanager 0.8.0svn20080103-Obuntu16.1 and Kubuntu is using 0.8.0svn20080103-Obuntu16. Not sure what the channel log is for 16.1, so don't know what the differences are. Also the Mint version does not have support for changing proc speed(performance,powersave,dynamic), and Kubuntu version does. I am using HP dv6815.

UPDATE: It wasn't the powermanager package. I have dual AMD procs. I had to uninstall powersaved and install powernowd for them to be utilized. Powersaved covers most everything except AMD. Maybe we should install powernowd instead of powersaved by default.

Another Update for that, I am running intel core duo and i also switched out powersaved for powernowd and my cpu's were then displayed. just in case anyone had the same problem as me
zinchalk

Postby gstool on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:27 pm

I downloaded, checked the md5sum and burned the DVD. Booted fine. It found my wireless network, but would not connect, even after I entered my WPA passphrase. I noticed that when I went back to KDE network manager, it had replaced my pasaphrase with a long hex string. I don't know if that is the problem or not. What am I missing? If I could get that to work, I would install it and give it a whirl.

Gerry
gstool
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:20 am

I seriously doubt anyone can download something that's no longer available on the internet
The preceding post must be about something else - like Felicia KDE CE RC1
Please check where you post :cry:
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Previous

Return to Releases & Announcements