Linux Mint 5 Elyssa KDE CE RC1 (BETA 045) is out!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
zinchalk

Re: Linux Mint 5 Elyssa KDE CE RC1 (BETA 045) is out!

Post by zinchalk »

67GTA wrote:
67GTA wrote:I'm having trouble with the KDE power manager(kde-guidance-powermanager). It shows two procs, but they are both at 0%. I booted the Kubuntu 8.04 CD to check, and it shows them fine. I noticed a difference in package versions. Mint is using kde-guidance-powermanager 0.8.0svn20080103-Obuntu16.1 and Kubuntu is using 0.8.0svn20080103-Obuntu16. Not sure what the channel log is for 16.1, so don't know what the differences are. Also the Mint version does not have support for changing proc speed(performance,powersave,dynamic), and Kubuntu version does. I am using HP dv6815.

UPDATE: It wasn't the powermanager package. I have dual AMD procs. I had to uninstall powersaved and install powernowd for them to be utilized. Powersaved covers most everything except AMD. Maybe we should install powernowd instead of powersaved by default.

Another Update for that, I am running intel core duo and i also switched out powersaved for powernowd and my cpu's were then displayed. just in case anyone had the same problem as me
gstool

Post by gstool »

I downloaded, checked the md5sum and burned the DVD. Booted fine. It found my wireless network, but would not connect, even after I entered my WPA passphrase. I noticed that when I went back to KDE network manager, it had replaced my pasaphrase with a long hex string. I don't know if that is the problem or not. What am I missing? If I could get that to work, I would install it and give it a whirl.

Gerry
Husse

Post by Husse »

I seriously doubt anyone can download something that's no longer available on the internet
The preceding post must be about something else - like Felicia KDE CE RC1
Please check where you post :cry:

Return to “Releases & Announcements”