Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" KDE is out!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" KDE is out!

Post by clem »

/dev/urandom

Re: Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" KDE is out!

Post by /dev/urandom »

Mirror ready. As always, thanks for your hard work! :)
wheeledgoat

Post by wheeledgoat »

The skies open up and the angels sing a sountrack as beams of sunlight burst through the clouds.

imo, today is the release of Qiana!

you all are awesome. squared. *infinity.

thanks!
virusdunil

Post by virusdunil »

hello little kdexians...

for those of you ho tryed the RC THEN switched to the stable...any differences ???

Im still on the rc and doesnt fell the need for the swithcchtch....damnit...switch to the staple release. :evil: ....GEEEE......stable release :mrgreen:
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

virusdunil wrote:hello little kdexians...

for those of you ho tryed the RC THEN switched to the stable...any differences ???

Im still on the rc and doesnt fell the need for the swithcchtch....damnit...switch to the staple release. :evil: ....GEEEE......stable release :mrgreen:
From the release notes of the 'stable'..
Upgrade instructions:

To upgrade from a previous version of Linux Mint follow these instructions.
To upgrade from the RC release, simply launch the Update Manager and install any Level 1 update available.
So you should already be running the stable :D
nomko

Post by nomko »

virusdunil wrote:hello little kdexians...
There won't be much of big difference between the RC version and the final version. If you keep the RC version installed, it will be updated properly with the latest packages "turning your RC version into a final version". If your RC version runs perfect, no need to remove it and install the final version ;)
virusdunil

Post by virusdunil »

yes guys...ive read all about those....but...are there people here that did runc the RC THEN installed the STABLE :wink:
The Dark Side

Post by The Dark Side »

Congratulations for another Great Release, Linux Mint Team !!!! Linux Mint 17 with KDE it's really Excellent !!!! Yes, a Magnificent Version !!!! Regards.-
mickey6

Post by mickey6 »

I've had it installed on my laptop for about 2 hours, and I'm already blown away. My biggest problem was with my wireless internet. Problem gone! Thank you team for an outstanding release!
skywolfblue
Level 3
Level 3

Post by skywolfblue »

I'm really loving this version so far!

It's been rock-stable so far.
mickey6

Post by mickey6 »

I've been running it for 2 weeks on my Asus UL-80V, and it's solid. :mrgreen:
roleen0195

Post by roleen0195 »

virusdunil wrote:yes guys...ive read all about those....but...are there people here that did runc the RC THEN installed the STABLE :wink:
I had the RC; but did a reinstall when the final came out. I was having issues with shutting down and rebooting. Sometimes the RC would just stall at a black screen. I would have to do a hard shutdown. Haven't noticed that with the final. It's awesome!

Return to “Releases & Announcements”